Concert Uke, Options in the $1000 - $2000 Range?

gaauuool

Reaction score
My original thought was to go with the traditional Koa so I of course I have looked into the big Ks, and presently I am debating between Kamaka and KanileÂ’a. (Koaloha is not from me and I havenÂ’t been able to hear a KoÂ’olau in person).

Before making my final decision I thought it might make sense to ping those in the know about other options within is price range? What if I lifted my restriction around Koa would that change things?

Also if this has been addressed to another thread I'm happy to go read that if someone could point me in the right direction (I couldn't seem to find anything in my searches).

Many thanks

In that price range, I'd head straight to Pohaku. I've loved the sound and feel of the Pohaku ukuleles that I've played. While I'm not as fond of the concert ukes that are currently available on the Pohaku website as some of the others that Peter has produced, I'm sure if you send Peter an email, you would be able to work something out.

http://www.pohakuukulele.com/

Last edited:
I'd get a full custom Kimo or Oceana.

Last edited:
A concert uke in Koa for about 1000 Dollars, that clearly spells out Kanile'a to me. Concert is the size they do best, in my opinion. They have beautiful Koa and a perfect finish, are extremely light, well designed and cleanly built. Their wider body makes for a very full sound that works well with high G or low G.

Thanks all for the suggestions I decided to go Kanile'a. (I decided i will likely want to upgrade my soprano before the end of the year and so i shrunk the budget a bit)

Congratulations, great choice! Please let us know how you like it when you get it.

Top Bottom