Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite music to play when alone?

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    NAKED
    Wow wow wow...
    Tenor: Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, Kala Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin Light Blue Burst, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

Quote Originally Posted by sopher View Post
    I play alone early in the morning, when I first arise. I like to start slow and pretty much stay there. I start with Rob McKillops Hawaiian Landscape with Rain (very slow). Then I have a painfully slow campanella version of Poor Wayfaring Stranger, which I try to play with a lot of feeling. This is usually followed by a few John King campanella pieces. Lately I've been ending with an upbeat arrangement that I wrote of Sonny Chillingworth's slack-key guitar song Lilo's Mele (Grandsons Lullabye).
    Hi Sopher, do you have a tab for the campanella arrangement of "Wayfaring Stranger" that you can share? I'd love to take a look.
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    NAKED
    I hope you are playing the big LFdM baritone !

I always play alone in the corner. Just finished posting a video so I am in withdrawal mode again until I found the next song. I may try Ed Sheeran new song name ‘ Perfect’ but of course instrumental as usual. No singing and dancing here!
    Last edited by SoloRule; 04-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Lately I've been playing whatever exercises I can adapt from Christopher Parkening's Guitar Method Volume 1 (classical). If something doesn't adapt well to four strings, I get out a guilele.
    Kathryn

Best for me are the songs I like to sing. Finnish folk songs and older popular tunes that are accompanied with my uke.

Frequently I'll run across a youtube video, but I won't actually watch it; I just read the description to get the chords. Then I make my own song and strum pattern from the chords

I like old standards, jug band tunes, and some other stuff: Walkin' My Baby Back Home, Ain't She Sweet, Sweet Sue, My Blue Heaven, Boodle-Am-Shake, Washington At Valley Forge, Lindberg Hop, Ukulele Lady, Get Out Those Old Records, Let's Talk Dirty In Hawaiian . . .
    These Days my favourite seems to be If I Had You.
    Last edited by Jim Yates; 04-06-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Thread Information