Revised chord construction wheel

ichadwick

Reaction score
(see message below for correct URL)

A small problem with text formatting on the back has been corrected and the wheel updated. Available for download through the above link. Use it to learn what notes you need to use when building chords. If it's not obvious how to use it, ask for help here.

http://vintageukemusic.com/cplug/songs/chord wheel revised Mar 2015.pdf

This is the key transposition wheel I made earlier. Makes changing keys easier. And both thrown in a bit of musical theory for those interested in learning.

Last edited:
Wow! thanks for working all the details out and presenting it in such a compact, but clear format!

I, for one, do not understand the intricacies of Music Theory, however, the lines and sectors appear
to be clear enough that given a bit of time, I think I could at least gather the info/data I would need
to construct a chord (any chord) as well as make transitions (even modulations?) on the fly :)

thank you for your generous sharing of your expertise.
it is greatly appreciated! :)

as always, keep uke'in',

Augmented triad: 1 3 #5, so for Caug = C+ : C E G# instead C Eb G#.
There is that yellow arc in your first picture that needs correction.

Last edited:
I just got the latest version of CorelDraw (2018) and it has a symmetry feature that I think will improve the look a little, so I plan to redraw the wheels using it. The basic layout and information won't change, just some visual details.

Not sure how well it will work for my purposes, but I plan to give it a try. I'll post a new link if it looks better.

Top Bottom