Chevrolet

Wooville

Reaction score
Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"
From ZZ Top's "Rio Grande Mud" circa 1972. I roadied for a rock band in the early 70's who jammed it on this song. Was always a favorite, even though its been many years since I've owned a Chevy. ROCK ON!

Good job on the Uke there wooville .. I like ZZ Top, used to listen to them a lot in my younger years, not much anymore but I still enjoy their songs. I remember seeing them in concert back in , I think it was 1987, at the Perth Entertainment Centre which is no longer there anymore, it was a fantastic concert too. Well done on the song.

Thanks for your kind words. I saw ZZ Top a couple of times back in the 70's. To me their best era, yet they kept on rock and rollin' for many years., and I guess they still are. Can you believe it...that's been nearly 50 years.

My pleasure wooville :) wow, I never even thought about how long ZZ Top have been going for, it has been a long run. I am inclined to agree my favourite songs are from some of their 70's albums, but I think the Eliminator album is great too, Afterburner is good, and after that I start to lose interest personally. The concert I went to was just mind-blowing, they had the Eliminator Dashboard stage set-up from memory, at least that's how I remember it, not that I trust my memory 100%, the effects at the time was amazing and I still remember some parts of that concert, the performance that night was absolutely spot on and with visual effects that simply left me mind-blown basically, and you know they seemed just as cool as cool can be. They are a group who has taken the opportunity to change with times I suppose rather than remaining the same, and that can go for or against, and either way I have respect for their skill , style , and dedication to their music, whatever they do is their choice, but yeh I mainly prefer their older songs to the new :)