FS: Kala KA-SSTU-T

UkeStuff

Reaction score
For Sale: A Kala KA-SSTU-T. I bought this as my third ukulele in 2016. If you don’t know the Kala Travel Ukuleles, they are extremely thin and loud ukuleles with a solid spruce top. There is a big nick on the front right lower bout of the sound board, which doesn’t go through the instrument or change its sound. I circled it in a picture. I also added strap buttons to this ukulele, as I do with most of my ukuleles. It is currently sporting Martin 620 strings. And yes, it comes with its original Kala case. We’re a non-smoking home with no pets (unless you count boys as pets—but they leave my ukuleles alone).

I’m working on some other ukuleles, and since I bought the Outdoor Ukulele, this one just hasn’t been played much. It deserves a home where it will be played. If you know a beginner, this would be a GREAT ukulele for a long time. No buzzing. Plays great. The only issue is the nick on the front (1/2” long and 1/4” in the center of the nick). I don’t know how it got there...it may have had it when it was new—I was so new to ukulele that I didn’t even look for issues at that time.

Price: $150 which factors in PayPal charges and shipping in the US. I will insure for the cost of a new model ($239 on Amazon). I will ship it in an Eyna Ukulele Box (in its case, padded in the box, and then in another box) the next day after payment via USPS.

DF9EB0C2-5CE6-4BD4-BA51-1FC3E88CE3A4.jpg
2B5FFA36-747B-43E3-9712-71B42CA648B4.jpg
CFDBD026-2B6C-47BA-901F-05774B884D81.jpg
25678C94-ECCB-42C6-9EFC-C571B0EA358B.jpg

These are great little music companions. I call it my stealth ukulele. I might sneak it into a bag if I'm going to a party, it doesn't scream "I'm an instrument" and scare people into thinking there's going to be a Kumbaya commitment. But if an opportunity to play and sing comes up I have it. It's also a great conversation piece. It's amazing the amount of sound and tone that it projects. Can hold its own next to a guitar or two. I like it much better than the tone of a plastic ukulele. This one has the tunefulness of wood, and it's a solid top to a solid player. And of course Chris is a great guy to do business with. Somebody needs this in their collection. Also makes a great gift.

Last edited:
Top Bottom