Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUD NEEWER NUS-20 Mahogany Soprano

Default NUD NEEWER NUS-20 Mahogany Soprano

New Uke Today .. It's been held up by Easter, so a few days overdue, but better a Neewer than Never.
    It's a Neewer NUS-20 Mahogany Soprano , Solid Top and I can't be certain about the Back and Sides either way. It has ABS Tortoise Shell binding and rosette. Mahogany Neck , 38mm Nut , 15 Frets. It has Strap Buttons installed on the End and under the Neck near to the body the joint and it doesn't get in the way while playing so that's good.
    Package Deal including Gig Bag, Strap, Clip-on Tuner, Pack of Neewer Strings. Cost me $72 Au .. eBay .. I couldn't find any other info on these at all, but it looked good and it's what I've been after in a Soprano for some time, so I decided to take the chance on good trust, I'm not disappointed at all, I'm very pleased with my new Uke. I'm not used to the wider fretboard but to be honest it seems like only a bit of difference to me and it feels comfortable.
    The Action is good, I'll possibly lower it at some time to my own satisfaction, but it is playable as it is, and if I do touch the Action at all it will be slight, and it's playing nicely so I'm not sure it's even required at this stage. I don't like to rush into things like that if it's not necessary, rather play it a while and see how it goes. *Edited Note - I just measured the Action height and it's pretty well just where I would set mine too so I'm going to leave it as it is
    I'm pleased, I've waited quite a while to get an affordable Soprano which I would really like, and I'm liking it. My New Neewer.

IMG_6201.jpgIMG_6202.jpgIMG_6204.jpgIMG_6207.jpg
    Last edited by Dean Beaver; 04-09-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Congratulations Dean, looks like a good deal, and you certainly can't complain about the price
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Thanks very much Cam , yep I'm really pleased with this one. I have another Soprano, but it took me quite a bit of time to get it playing to my satisfaction, while this one is good for me as it is, and the two of them are quite different in build and tone. Enjoying this one quite a lot right now

It looks terrific, Dean! Very stylish, and I love the rosette.
    Kathryn

Thank you Kathryn, I like the style and I think it was one of the factors in my decision to purchase this one, it has the factors which I was wanting.
    The binding and rosette is pretty cool, it adds a nice stylish touch and it doesn't clash with the timber, rather compliments it I think, I've never been fussed about wider necks but with this being my first wider neck I am enjoying it and it is comfortable. Best of all it plays well, it has a warm tone which I like, it's got good volume, sustain, and a nice character overall, can be played gently or driven harder, and personally I find it much better suited for my singing than my other soprano is, which means I will actually do some songs with this one at some time, and that's what Ukes are for and as well I also like the Bridge, it's a bit smaller than the Tie Bridge and is basically more player friendly, it allows a bit more space to rest the arm without resting right on the bridge, which has been something that annoys me with my other one, although it's seemingly trivial it's a pleasant change nonetheless.
    Last edited by Dean Beaver; 04-09-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Very pretty instrument! I like the color of the tuner buttons!

Thanks Bill. last year I purchased a couple of sets of these Machine Heads from the same seller that I purchased this Uke from, I've installed them on a couple of my other Ukes, I think they are "Music Lily" , it was also one of the factors which I liked about this one, as I have installed these same Machine Heads on my Rosewood Concert Uke. They aren't terribly expensive or fancy, but they function well enough and I like the colour. I think I paid around $12(Au) or somewhere thereabouts, per Set of Four Machine Heads.

+1 on everything Dean has said above. I received mine yesterday and think it's terrific. Whatever the strings are (fishing line? LOL), it has a haunting warm tone that is different from any of my other sopranos. As I have probably said before (most likely in connection to the Enya HPL camp uke, which I also like very much), I'm really not a soprano person - but I am looking forward to getting home this evening and spending more time with this little charmer.
    Last edited by kvehe; 04-11-2018 at 03:38 AM. Reason: clarification of my opinion of the Enya camp uke
    Kathryn

Good deal! Neewer makes lots of products.

That's real purdy, congratulations!
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Thread Information