Maggie May - Rod Stewart Cover on a tenor tuned D#,G#,C,F

anthonyg

Reaction score
Maggie May played on My Copley tenor tuned D#,G#,C,F with D'Addario Nylon Classic Guitar strings.

I used the middle 4 strings from the set as I wanted the 2 wound bass strings. I was trying to tune to E,A,C#,F# but the tension was high enough so I stopped at D#.G#.C.F.

A VERY Smooth sound but still has punch.

I had a version of Maggie May up from years ago without live video so here is the live video that people want to see. I'm getting better with the audio too. This recording is a 1 mic recording, a Line Audio Design CM3 condenser mic.

Good one Anthony, I enjoyed it, haven't heard it for a while and I think this is a good song :) Thanks for sharing ...

Nice performance and a nice clear recording too. Well done buddy.
What kit do you usually use to record Anthony?
Regards, Dave

Nice performance and a nice clear recording too. Well done buddy.
What kit do you usually use to record Anthony?
Regards, Dave

Thanks Dave.

I've used so much different gear over the years I'm not sure I have "Normal" gear!

Currently I'm using a Line Audio Design CM3 small condenser microphone and running into a Behringer X18 mixer as my preamp/converter and then onto an Apple Powerbook using the PhotoBooth program to record onto. After I've made the recording I trim it and then export it to the desktop. Then I open it up in GarageBand and edit it.

In Garageband I will add a little Reverb, Echo, a little EQ adjustment and some Compression(multi-band compressor). Once I'm happy with it I will export it using the iPod settings to the desktop.

Phew! No wonder it sounds good. For MY rubbish I open video mode of the camera on my iPad. Film it using the inbuilt mic of the iPad, and post it. No wonder my videos and sound are far inferior to yours buddy!! lol
I obviously have to learn from you and step up my game a bit! lol
Thanks for taking the time to answer and please keep your videos and music coming.
Regards, Dave

Top Bottom