What chord is this?

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Was looking to identify this chord (see pic below), plugged it into the Ukulele Chord Finder (cool resource) https://www.ukulele.nl/chordfinder/

and it did not identify it. Some variant of F, I believe, but don't know. Any ideas? The song I'm using it in mainly goes from E7 to F on the verses, with this chord, and a C thrown in on chorus.

Chord finder1.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. Funny, many on that thread said it is not really a chord :confused:, but if anyone asks, I'll just tell them it's an Fadd#11 :)

I use that ukulele chord finder as well but it won't give you any really out there chord names.

If you really want to know try this one.

https://www.scales-chords.com The results it will give can be quite baffling though and open a whole new can of worms.

I tried entering Fadd#11 there, and it gave me something different. Oh well, no biggie!

I tried entering Fadd#11 there, and it gave me something different. Oh well, no biggie!

There are many tools there and it works every which way. You can place the notes on the guitar fretboard by muting the bass notes and placing the other notes up the fretboard. For the record I didn't get Fadd11 either. It gave multiple answers which is why I said that it can give confusing results. Any chord with no more than 4 separate notes can be open to interpretation and the answer will depend on the other chords its being used with.

This would be why the ukulele chord finder didn't give an answer. Some answers are just too complicated.

Nothing on my chord chart for sure...LOL

This is most likely an error. A site like chordfinder doesn't generally trade in anything very advanced.

That looks like a F major to me...with an added B
B would be a flattened 5th or a sharpened 4th (or 11th)

either way - pretty dissonant, probably an error unless you're working on some avant-garde jazz! ;)

You mean like ... Moon River? This works nicely for the third chord (played in C): IVmaj (lydian) - "Wider than a mile"

Top Bottom