Yasuma tiple - T28 copy

rbeetsme

Reaction score
Selling a Yasuma tiple. The tiple was invented by Martin in the 20's. It is a 10 string tenor ukulele size instrument, in 4 courses. Laid out gG cCc eEe aa (capital letter is an octave lower) Many makers followed the popular instrument from the 20s to the 50s, Martin continued into the 70s. In the mid 70s Yasuma (a Japanese co.) copied the T18 and T28 Martins, down to the closest detail. Even the logo is same font as a Martin and the stamp inside is similar. This is a copy of the most expensive Martin, Spruce top, Rosewood sides and back, herring-bone design on rear and similar sound hole and binding. It was so good (some liked the Yasuma better!) Martin sued and won, destroying remaining stock. This one survived. The saddle and string piece came unglued and were lost when I found this one. I had a local luthier attach a new piece of Rosewood, dress and fine tune it. There is 3 small hole on the bottom bout where someone must have attached a mando type string mount. Other than that, a number of small dings and scratches remain, but very nice looking and wonderful playing tiple. I have bought and sold more than a dozen tiples and this is one of the nicest I have played. No case, but any tenor uke case fits. Asking 475.00. Trades and offers considered. back.jpgbout.jpgfront.jpgHeadstock.jpgholes.jpg

Last edited:
Someone shoulg grab this instrument. I have heard Rick play this and it is wonderful. Would get it myself but I do not not have the skill this instrument deserves.

I haven't found a way to do it yet. All of my old digital camcorders are inoperable and I don't use a smart phone. I did try to use my tablet but it won't send the file, too large.

No response to listing, no longer for sale.

Last edited:
Top Bottom