Requinto guitar

valde002

Reaction score
Anyone into into the Requinto? It has the same tunings as the ukulele and is slightly smaller than the guitar.

I have one but the action needs to be lowered and I just ordered a chord chart book.

Anyone else play it?

I've been contemplating getting the Cordoba Requinto. It seems like a good value - pretty much a smaller version of their popular C5. Which one did you get?

The ones (ok, one) I've tried wasn't "smaller enough" than a guitar to tempt me.

I've been contemplating getting the Cordoba Requinto. It seems like a good value - pretty much a smaller version of their popular C5. Which one did you get?

The 580 Cordobas are not really requintos, but mainly smaller guitars. According to some research, they're not meant to be tuned higher to A, but made to maintain the E tuning (I'll have to see where I got that info from, but according to the local music store they do come tuned to E. I have a Lone Star from back in the day that I just brought to the music store to have the action lowered. The new name of the one that I have is the Paracho Elite. The Del Rio model is the same. Great guitar!

The ones (ok, one) I've tried wasn't "smaller enough" than a guitar to tempt me.

yes, they are like 18% smaller. I like the smaller but different from the uke sizes. Deeper body that I can rest my R arm on while playing removes the "fumbly football"ness of the uke.

Top Bottom