Mr. Sweetie shares his first NUD

Mr. Sweetie

Reaction score
Today is the day.

After a string of bad luck yesterday which included missing the UPS driver and getting a blowout on my work truck, the sun shone through.

Mrs. Sweetie was home to take delivery this afternoon and I arrived home to the uke I have been waiting a while for. :) Yep, after hemming and hawing for nearly a month I nervously took advantage of the PONO PC CEDAR/ROSEWOOD SOPRANO RS-C-PC (BLOWOUT SPECIAL) on HMS. I am glad I did when I did because it was the last one. :eek: I opted for the full set-up and tuner upgrade... although I do feel a little bad for not even giving the Pono friction pegs a try. My reasoning was, I was saving money with the blowout price, and if I were going to shell out for a uke of this quality, I might as well go for the gold. The tuners are nice. :)

I will review this officially shortly, but I wanted to at least share this with other friends who get it. :)

Now, for the pictures. They are not the best quality but they do give you the jist.

IMG_20180412_171127705.jpgIMG_20180412_171159718.jpgIMG_20180412_171208489.jpgIMG_20180412_171244314.jpg

a sweet looking Uke for Mr. Sweetie, how fitting :). Now you know what that means now, we need a sound sample :p

First off congratulations on an outstanding ukuele. Secondly........you are NOT missing anything by having fore gone the original tuners, UTPs are my favorite. I have a friend who bought the all mahogany Pono Pro Classic soprano and it sound great, I image yours does as well....maybe even at bit better with than wood combo

Very nice first Uke! :shaka:

Mr. Sweetie is a lucky man! I love that wood combo. And I totally agree with Dave: You don't miss out on the tuners by having them upgraded to something that works so much better. Not that the Pono friction are worse than others, but the Gotoh tuners make tuning so much easier. Congratulations on a great uke, enjoy it!

Top Bottom