Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Sweetie shares his first NUD

Default Mr. Sweetie shares his first NUD

Today is the day.

After a string of bad luck yesterday which included missing the UPS driver and getting a blowout on my work truck, the sun shone through.

Mrs. Sweetie was home to take delivery this afternoon and I arrived home to the uke I have been waiting a while for. Yep, after hemming and hawing for nearly a month I nervously took advantage of the PONO PC CEDAR/ROSEWOOD SOPRANO RS-C-PC (BLOWOUT SPECIAL) on HMS. I am glad I did when I did because it was the last one. I opted for the full set-up and tuner upgrade... although I do feel a little bad for not even giving the Pono friction pegs a try. My reasoning was, I was saving money with the blowout price, and if I were going to shell out for a uke of this quality, I might as well go for the gold. The tuners are nice.

I will review this officially shortly, but I wanted to at least share this with other friends who get it.

Now, for the pictures. They are not the best quality but they do give you the jist.

IMG_20180412_171127705.jpgIMG_20180412_171159718.jpgIMG_20180412_171208489.jpgIMG_20180412_171244314.jpg
    They call me Mister Sweetie.

Congrats! Sweet lookin' uke! Sweet tuners too! They should call you Mr. Sweetie! Oh...... wait......

Congrats Mr. Sweetie, what a little beauty, nice Gotoh tuners & hard case too! a great package!
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

a sweet looking Uke for Mr. Sweetie, how fitting . Now you know what that means now, we need a sound sample :P

Gorgeous ukulele! Congratulations!
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Looks good! I recently put those tuners on m y old Pono PS-O. Big improvement. I wish they were easier to get.

First off congratulations on an outstanding ukuele. Secondly........you are NOT missing anything by having fore gone the original tuners, UTPs are my favorite. I have a friend who bought the all mahogany Pono Pro Classic soprano and it sound great, I image yours does as well....maybe even at bit better with than wood combo
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Congratulations!
    It looks very pretty!
    Enjoy
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Very nice first Uke!
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Fremont Blacklines
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

Thread Information