Season 322 Ukuleles ARE allowed in Bluegrass (one week only)

Recovering Bassist

Reaction score

That's right folks! For one week only, Ukuleles ARE allowed in Bluegrass! If you want to see how I pulled this off, you'll have to watch the video.

The prize this week will be this brand spanking new retro red soprano Bonanza Ukulele, with a maple fretboard. Shelley of Bonanza ukes was also nice enough to throw in one her straps!

30262124_1983831521945032_3769163775987417088_n.jpg

To qualify for the prize you must do the following things: 1. Post Bluegrass songs! 2. For each Bluegrass song you post you must comment on at least one other persons video.

If you feel you simply cannot or will not do a Bluegrass song, you may post songs with "Grass" in the title, but those will not be eligible for the prize. But remember, the Seasons are about trying new things, so I hope a lot of you will give it a shot. Have fun!

There is a 7 song limit this week, otherwise normal rules apply. Just make sure there's Ukulele in your songs, multi tracking with other instruments is fine. Originals are of course very welcome.

There is still time left in Turtledrum's excellent "Discovery channel" Season, so continue posting songs there till Sunday night.

Here is a link to a bunch of Bluegrass songs to get you started. Trust me, there's an endless supply of Bluegrass songs, and even Johnny B Goode has been done as a Bluegrass song.

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_country/best_bluegrass_songs.html

Here's this weeks playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCHCDi7I1iI114ZOFA2oxYQ0Z-yIxIeu2

Last edited:
Your vid gave me a much needed laugh Trent! Look forward to hearing some bluegrass on the uke this week!

Trent, this is great! (I think you may have been sampling my lousy video, too ...) Monroe was a notorious cheapskate, so if he's listening, I'm sure I'm going to the bad place for pointing this out.

What a fun week!

Trent, this is great! (I think you may have been sampling my lousy video, too ...) Monroe was a notorious cheapskate, so if he's listening, I'm sure I'm going to the bad place for pointing this out.

What a fun week!

It was your video Rick! In a round about way, you're responsible for this! lol

wow! what a wonderful prize! that is so generous of you! great theme, this is gonna be a big learning week for me!

And he's frailing a banjo! Typical style for Old Tyme Music, but Bill would fire any banjo player that did that.

Great fun for this week Trent. I wondered how long it would take you to bring this theme :)

I've obviously heard of Bluegrass but I have no idea what it is.

So I went for a drive this morning and asked Spotify to play me some Bluegrass. It came back with a playlist of supposed Bluegrass covers of pop songs but I'm not sure that was it. So then I asked it for some Bill Monroe and it came back with about 5 different recordings of Blue Moon Over Kentucky.... and this song.

Dunno if I've played it Bluegrassy but I had a lot of fun doing what I did do. May have overindulged with the solos though.

Still haven't a clue what Bluegrass is though.

Top Bottom