Season 322 Ukuleles ARE allowed in Bluegrass (one week only)

This is my favorite video. I think your convo with Bill Monroe takes the cake and should earn you the prize :) I don't even like Bluegrass but you have inspired me to find those songs and play them, and even ruin them in as many ways as I can. Breaking All the Rules. After all we have permission for one week only. I will do my best to make a video and submit because I have been i so inspired by you and BM. Great idea! And then all these videos should be posted on some Bluegrass forum. Let the haters fume as we have fun.

Thanks Ruby! I'm not eligible for the prize! Darn it. lol I love your idea of driving Bluegrass folk nuts with these videos. LOL!

322-2

Just uploaded my second bluegrass tune and realized I intended earlier this week to use my banjolele. D'oh!

I don't know how the Seasons work -- I'm a newbie here.

-Kevin
someone posts a theme

we all bring anything from one to ooooooooooooooh about a hundred :rolleyes: ;) or thereabout songs

at the end of the week there might be a prize

the next week it all starts over again with a new host and a new theme

and............................ it's addictive!

anyone with a uke can join in

please feel free to join the fun!

Last edited:
i know i said i'd done 7 songs for the week, when i posted my last one... but i've only brought 5 of them to the thread! so i hope you'll let me post this one now, it's a cover of :bowdown: RAB's super original, "i just wanna cry"

Thought I would bring a song from an Australian Bluegrass band called Mustered Courage.

lovely song written by Sarah Lee Guthrie
from her children's LP released in 2009, 'Go Waggaloo'
featuring more of joojoo's lovely paintings.
[video]http://www.siajoohiang.com/[/video]

I thought I had done my bit this week. But the muse had other ideas. Here is a brand new Berni Original written especially for this Season. To help with the Bluegrass feel, I added backing using Band in a Box; what a great programme!

I hope enough people get to hear this one, as I am very pleased with it and it features me on primitive mandolin solo too! ;)

Thanks for a great week, Trent!

We recorded this today.
It was the first song we sang together, in late 2015.
It feels really special to sing this together again, 3 years later.
Hope you all will enjoy it.
Love from us.
Jon & Joo

Are you ready for some Russian Sinaya Trava? Bluegrass, that is.
Gotta get used to other instruments, instead of fiddle, banjo and mandolin, you'll hear Balalaika, Domra and Bayan, a chromatic button accordeon. One of the all time Russian Grass hits is "Sasha", also known from the Sasha Dance. (Sasha, Sasha, ras dwa tri...) .
So does Vladimir allow ukuleles just for this week?

Cheers for hosting this one Trent, I didn't think I'd have time this week but squeezed out this one taker for ya this morning.............

I was playing through some songs last night and did this one. I thought it's just made for bluegrass treatment so did a quick search and there are several bluegrass covers on YT including one from the Osborne Brothers, so I thought what the heck? go for it, so I did.

Top Bottom