Kala Elite KOA 1 Concert Gloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaKine

Reaction score
Sell or Trade - Kala Elite KOA 1 Concert

For Sale or Trade...

KOA 1 Concert Gloss I purchased January 2018 that I need to let go. Build date 2016, but it was purchased as new.

I've only played it a few hours, and not a scratch on it.

Kala doesn't make these Elite KOA models in the Gloss body anymore.

Unbelievable KOA on the body for the cost and the tone is amazing, like some of the best Hawaiian Ukes.

KOA body, neck has a satin finish, and rosewood fretboard and bridge.

Case also included, $575 shipping included in the USA.

Price Drop $575!

Originally asking $660, from the original price of $749.

UKE IS GONE!

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 150
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 102
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 94
  • head.jpg
    head.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 79
  • neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Just wanted to throw in some support on this uke, or at least regarding Kala's 1-KOA concerts. I have a 1-KOAC and I love the tone- it's a very resonant instrument.

Pros:
  • Mine is a satin also built in 2016, not a gloss, but I love its sound, very bright, nice resonance, seems to play well with fluorocarbons in particular. Gloss ones I've played have been the tiniest bit more subdued, but still great in my personal opinion.
  • Excellent UV gloss coat on the body, Kala really has done a nice job of these in instruments I've seen and played personally
  • Very nice wood (I don't think Kala was very good at grading their koa early on after opening their shop... but in a good way for the buyer, as instruments labeled 1-KOA sometimes have awfully nice flame touches that you would not see in a koa instrument at this price!)
  • Nice wide fretboard with 1 1/2 inch nut makes this a real winner for instrumentalists/fingerstyle players
  • I like the case, and have beat it around quite a bit as mine is one of my two travel ukuleles. Fits well in an overhead compartment for flights.

Cons
  • Bolt on neck means it's heavier than some other brands out there. That's really about it.

I would agree that it's a very nice instrument for the money!

Last edited:
More pics added...

UKE IS GONE!

Attachments

• side_2.jpg
    side_2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 27
  • side_1.jpg
    side_1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 33
  • badge.jpg
    badge.jpg