FS: Kala KA-KSLNG long neck soprano in koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD!!
This is Kala's laminate koa long neck soprano, top of the line of their lam ukes.
I bought it for my niece, who has since decided she's going to play guitar instead. :(
This instrument has a lot of impressive upgrades compared to most laminates: Koa wood, gloss finish, maple binding, Grover tuners. The sound, action, and intonation are good for this level instrument. Perfect for someone who wants a handsome instrument but doesn't want to worry about humidity levels.

This one is like new (with tags!) and perfect to my eyes except one minor flaw: the seller Alamo Music put a sticker with his music company and a barcode on the paper label. I didn't like looking at a Barcode in a uke (even though it wasn't even for me!), so I peeled it off. That lifted a piece of the top of the paper label, but not the serial number. Not very noticeable, but you can see it in the photo.
There are no other issues or signs of wear - any perceived finish imperfections is reflection (hard to photograph the gloss finish.) These are $239 new.

$150 by Paypal with free CONUS shipping. Not taking offers, will reduce if she doesn't sell.
I will throw in a padded black gig bag, or can sell you a new Luna canvas/foam hard case that fits it really well for another $20 REduced (these are $38 on Amazon).

20180116_090958.jpg
20180116_091426.jpg
20180116_091306.jpg
20180116_091114.jpg
20180116_092717.jpg

Time stamped photo to follow (forgot that one again!)

Last edited:
Somebody better grab that before my UAS kicks in. :drool:

I have one of these. Very nice uke at a very nice price.

I'm the wrong side of the pond, unfortunately, as these don't come up for sale often.
These ukes have a clear tone to them, & are quite a bit brighter than the SLNG, from memory when I was looking at buying one, so, if you're tempted, I don't think you'll regret it. :)

Thx for the positive reviews.
Surprised no one has bit at this price, but I see there's a lot to look at here all of a sudden (interesting how that goes!).

At 40% off retail (just did the math), this one should hold its value for a while. I'll discount the hard case another $5 to $20 (hard to find good-fitting cases for a long neck!), to sell this as a bundle...

Ooh so nice... I would probably have bitten if I lived in the States. Hope it finds a new loving home soon! These longneck sopranos are great!

No one?
Thinking of throwing it on Ebay at this price.
In the meantime, I will discount another $15 or throw in the hard canvas case if there is a taker here!

Here is the time stamped photo I forgot:
20180423_165823.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom