Hello from N.W. Indiana

melensdad

Reaction score
New member here, first post, long time lurker on the Ukulele Underground. Just checking in from rural Northwest Indiana ... about 60 miles southeast of Chicago, IL.

I have 4 ukuleles and I play all of them badly.

Love MANGO and 3 of my ukes are solid mango.

Not sure that I have a favorite but my Romero Creations Tiny Tenor and my aNueNue Custom Maui Mango III tenor would vie for the top spot in my heart. I probably practice most with my Magic Fluke, which sits, uncased, next to my chair so is easy to pick up and play at an instant.

The 3 solid mango ukes sit in cases with humidifiers about 5 months each year and are only taken out to play because the winter climate here is very dry. They come out of their cases in the late spring and sit on stands, instantly available to play, until the humidity drops again in the fall.

sD9mwkdsTj+bV+K89zCh0Q.jpg

Welcome to the UU! Your mango ukes are beautiful. I think it would make an interesting Forum poll to find out how many Fluke/Flea owners have one sitting by their chair. :)
Jan

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the UU! Your mango ukes are beautiful. I think it would make an interesting Forum poll to find out how many Fluke/Flea owners have one sitting by their chair. :)
Jan
I love the flat bottom, it just stands right there, all by itself, waiting for me :rolleyes:

Welcome to UU. I love Mango too. Looks so pretty and sounds so good.
The sound & beauty of the wood make it such a great choice.

I've honestly considered sending my Fluke back to Magic Fluke, along with a slab of mango, to have them replace the wood and make my Fluke into a Mango Fluke :drool:

Welcome indeed. 60 miles SE of Chicago? I used to live in Rensselaer IN a decade and a half ago - is that your neck of the woods (or corn, as the case may be)?

I'm in southern Lake County, just north of the Kankakee river.

Top Bottom