USpace, a review

maki66

Reaction score
We visited USpace for the first time yesterday.

Its in Downtown Los Angeles in the Japan Town area,
Easy to get to and decent parking nearby.

They have good coffee without the Starbucks prices.
They have ukuleles and ukuleles at super competitive prices.
They have service, like installing a strap buttons on your ukulele.

What may set them apart is the Aloha.
The place has that Island style magic atmosphere that exudes warmth and love for music.

We had a lovely time sampling various instruments and drinking coffee.
No pressure, no hard sell, just fun.

We went with the intention of buying a Tiny Tenor for my wife, but which one?
She almost went with a solid Koa, which are amazing.
The solid top spruce, while sounding different was in a more comfortable price range. We may end up going back for the Koa TT next year though.

I didn't mean to buy anything for myself but there was a Goldtone banjolele that was calling my name. So we got that too.

We also got a t-shirt, and Daniel Ho slack key guitar CD.

I'm going to recommend USpace whole heartedly.
Great prices, great service, and the most wonderful folks you would ever want to met.

That visit is going on my bucket list. Sounds like a super place and you had a great time. I purchased the TT solid top to replace my Fluke. Its AWSOME. I love it. I like the shape, intonation, and TONE so much that I will buy a second TT - ALL SOLID. I just don't know which one. I've been leaning towards the all KOA..... can you give me your thought on sound. I've read they really are LOUD, yet articulate. You will love your SOLD TOP TT. I'm taking mine on a long trip with me. the size and the fell etc all good. Congratulations.

I've been frequenting U-Space for years, Jason and his wife Petrice are terrific. I've been to classes he conducts, concerts and seminars, including the annual LA Ukulele Expo. Daniel Ho is also involved in the company, and I've even met Jake Shimabukuro there once when he was in town for a gig. It's at the LA Japanese Cultural Center on San Pedro Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets.

That visit is going on my bucket list. Sounds like a super place and you had a great time. I purchased the TT solid top to replace my Fluke. Its AWSOME. I love it. I like the shape, intonation, and TONE so much that I will buy a second TT - ALL SOLID. I just don't know which one. I've been leaning towards the all KOA..... can you give me your thought on sound. I've read they really are LOUD, yet articulate. You will love your SOLD TOP TT. I'm taking mine on a long trip with me. the size and the fell etc all good. Congratulations.

I thought the all koa was amazing, but everyone seems to have a different ear. So to speak.
Its one of the reasons it seems best to play and hear them side by side.

I've been frequenting U-Space for years, Jason and his wife Petrice are terrific. I've been to classes he conducts, concerts and seminars, including the annual LA Ukulele Expo. Daniel Ho is also involved in the company, and I've even met Jake Shimabukuro there once when he was in town for a gig. It's at the LA Japanese Cultural Center on San Pedro Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets.

Yep, I should've been down there long ago. Seems like I've been missing a Great thing.
Probably was afraid of the traffic and parking, but neither was any problem.
I figured most LA ukulele folk are already in the know.

Top Bottom