NFMUD: Martin C1K

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
A really nasty impulse buy but I love it. I found this C1K as an "open-box/blemished" special at Musician's Friend and, at about $100 below street price, went for it. I can't see the imperfections unless the uneven patches of grain in the Koa somehow count.

I think it gives it character. And it sure sounds nice and feels great.

IMG_3535.jpg
IMG_3537.jpg
IMG_3536.jpg
IMG_3538.jpg

It has to be about the wood grain...kind of surprising that the ukulele would make it out of quality control in the first place for a company like Martin. I’m not saying that it is awful, but I can see people choosing a different instrument of the same model because of it. I’m sure it sounds great...and I have one Martin (a simply S1 Soprano) and I have nothing bad to say about it. It sounds great, looks like a traditional ukulele, is a Martin (it is nice to have at least one), and it has that Martin smell.

Congrats on the find and the purchase. There was a batch of Cobobolos put up on Facebook today, and one of them is highly tempting to me...that beautiful red swirl...but I just bought a Romero Creations XS that I have to pay off.

Open box/blemished also could mean that is was a return and may very well have absolutely nothing wrong with it. Congratulations and enjoy!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It may well have been a return. The book match on the back is far from perfect, but again, that simply seems to have unleashed some beautiful swirl on one side that wasn't repeated on the other.

It feels SOOOO good.

Congrats I bought one as well used and it’s my favourite . You will love it!

Congratulations! I would actually pick this natural beauty over perfectly book matched grain. And now you got it with a bargain price! You should feel extra giddy every time you play it.

A really nasty impulse buy but I love it. I found this C1K as an "open-box/blemished" special at Musician's Friend and, at about $100 below street price, went for it. I can't see the imperfections unless the uneven patches of grain in the Koa somehow count.

I think it gives it character. And it sure sounds nice and feels great.

View attachment 108429
View attachment 108426
View attachment 108427
View attachment 108428

I also own a Martin C1K, it's a great ukulele, easy to play and don't forget it has that "Martin smell". Enjoy, you did well.

Congratulation! There much to be said for classics.
Martin.
Soprano.
KOA!!!
Yep, that checks all the boxes!!!!
That ukulele will bring you joy for the rest of your life, well done.

I also have a C1K which I really like. One of my favorite! I also quite like the look of your C1K!

Very unique grain. I don’t mind it at all Great deal if it sounds good and feels good. You got a deal. The Mexican made concert and tenors vary a lot in the Koa department but I’ve heard nothing but good things on the sound. I say you did good. Congratulations

I am enjoying a T1k. Didn't realise how nice it sounded until someone else played it and I listened.

Congrat's, I had a C1K, it sounded awesome! :shaka: I only sold it to get a Hawaiian made instrument. It was pretty gorgeous, too, kind of miss it sometimes.
IMG_20150224_103619676.jpg

Great choice. I always get close to buying the T1K when I visit the store... such great value!

Top Bottom