Greetings from Kent in the UK

DelGriff

A very boring man!
Reaction score
Hi everyone - never tried a stringed instrument until I got my first uke (a Donner Concert DUC-2) about 6 months ago. I learned piano and clarinet as a kid (a long time ago - I’m 51 now), but it was never this much fun. I’ve found all the help I need online - YouTube and song chord websites and apps - so I can go at my own pace and only learn my favourite (that’s how we spell ‘favorite’ in the UK btw :p ) songs. Just upgraded to a Luna Maluhia electric concert uke, which is brilliant, and a Subzero micro amp. Still struggling a bit with the notorious ‘E’ chord, but otherwise having a blast! Thanks for reading this - if indeed you still are! :)

Greetings from up the road a bit in the Midlands! I was
six or seven years older than you when I started, and I
am still learning and still loving it!!!

Welcome to UU - I am Kent also - Medway area. Have you investigated groups in your area yet, it is a great way to learn.

Hello and welcome.
Lots of us adult learners here to keep you company.
I started playing stringed instruments last year with a ukulele at 53.
Its been tremendously fun!

BTW, I use a barre chord for D and E.
Same shape for Dmaj at the second fret, and for E major just slid it up.
E_02.jpg

Welcome to UU - I am Kent also - Medway area. Have you investigated groups in your area yet, it is a great way to learn.
Hi JB - happy to strum away on my own at present but there may come a time when I feel ready to take that step. I’m down in the very south east of the county (Romney Marsh) - haven’t yet checked what’s available locally. Cheers :)

Top Bottom