[B]Season #323 ~ Outlaw Country Music[/B]

OK, here goes, my first Seasons song! Looks like someone already entered this one, I hope duplicates are OK, since it's the only Outlaw tune I know (so far)! If not, I can remove it.
welcome to the seasons!

duplicates are most welcome here, it's great to hear how different people bring the same song - and in fact sometimes a song will be so popular it becomes like that particular season's theme tune, and a shed load of us jump on the musical bandwagon - occasionally such songs even get their own playlist!

ok, rumour has it lucinda williams isn't the only person on the list this week

but mmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's news to me!

OK, here goes, my first Seasons song! Looks like someone already entered this one, I hope duplicates are OK, since it's the only Outlaw tune I know (so far)! If not, I can remove it.

Welcome to the Seasons Ukecastor! Definitely no problem for different folks to post their own versions of the same song . . .

So this song is probably not from the era or in the style that you are looking for, but it's by Willie Nelson and he's on the list, so here goes...

In other news, jazz chords are hard. That transition from Gm7 to D7b9 is a killer!

Cheers for hosting this one Kevin. :cheers:

Mr. Willie Nelson covered this one I've just busked out for ya ..........

This one is by Billy Joe Shaver, but has also been covered by Willie and Waylon and (now) Me (song title - hint hint)

Well it's Thursday morning here in Texas! At last count I have uploaded 77 videos, including some fine entries from first time seasonistas Ukecaster and Flatbaroque! I believe I have gotten all of them so far, but if I have missed one please let me know. . .

Please take the time to listen and comment on the videos as your time allows, and thanks to all of you who have participated so far :)

UkingViking posted a fine rendition of Kris Kristofferson's "Help Me Make It Through The Night". It was the first song that came into my mind as well - it was popular in 1980s in Estonia (and thought to be somewhat "improper"). This time, no need for subtitles, as the translated lyrics are very faithful to the English original.

I first heard the follwing song on the first Dwight Yoakam album. But it was also done by Waylon Jennings, so maybe it's OK for this week.
This time, I left my mandolin in its case and played the melody on my Reverend Buckshot electric guitar. A real Outlaw Axe!

Here's a cover of a Cornell Hurd Band song, which is itself a cover of a 1928 Coon-Sanders Orchestra song.
I added bass and piano.

Here's some Willie. I've always loved this song. This one features some unplanned Willie-esque timing on it. Heh...

The next song will have its 50th recording-birthday in two weeks time on may 9th.
But then we'll be on to another season, so I may as well post it now.
I first heard the Dead's version on their Skull and Roses live album.
Didn't know who Merle Haggard is at the time, but Mama tried opened up a whole new world for me...

Wayne Carson Thompson's real last name was Head. He borrowed the pseudonym from his parents, who performed professionally under that name. He also wrote Willie's big hit "Always On My Mind." I've been trying to figure out how to do this song since Randy's cowboy song season a long time ago.

Robert Earl Keen is playing live at Merlefest as we speak. (I'm not there :wall bash: ) Here's one of his best.

Did somebody say Willie Nelson? I love this song

Kevin, can I get a ruling on Jay Farrar please? He is on the last FM list, but I’m happy to just bring more Willie if I have the time. Thanks.

Top Bottom