[B]Season #323 ~ Outlaw Country Music[/B]

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This week we are going to be exploring Outlaw Country Music artists ~

Even though this is a sub genre of Country Music, I am not asking you to copy or emulate any specific style. In fact, I am looking for your original take on whatever songs you decide to bring. Originals are welcome, as long as the lyrics mention anything outlaw related, or tell a story about bucking the norm.

Here are a couple of links to get you started!

https://www.last.fm/tag/outlaw+country/artists?page=2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_country

Rules:
~ Songs must be newly recorded for season #323
~ The video should say it is for season #323. It can be written or verbalized.
~ No song limit!
~ Multi-tracking is fine, but the ukulele should be prominent.
~ The Season runs Sunday - Sunday starting at midnight Hawaii time
~ Please take the time to listen to and comment on others’ work.
~ Original’s are welcome, as long as they are about anything related to outlaws.

I will be giving away something ukulele related (probably strings) as prizes.

Once a few videos start coming in, I will create a playlist. . .

Please remember that Trent's Season #322 on Bluegrass is still going on through Sunday at midnight. So continue to post songs there and comment on the entries!

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiAPZvxsGZ4&list=PL5FgrFq3aYVfyCu_tvZQxPyV-XEQJXFVD

Last edited:
Cool :music::cool:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh supercool!

i see neko case on the list of artists on that wiki page, i watched alot of her vids when i was checking out the world of tenor guitar, here's a cute one! (cute guitar, and cute vid!)

(neko plays tenor guitar tuned dgbe like a bari uke)

Last edited:
this would be a great week for tenor guitar (i think a few seasons peeps have them) IF our host fancies the idea... i don't normally bring my tenor guitar to the seasons, i think i've only done it one time, i totally understand if it's strictly ukes only

just a-wondrin' :confused: :music:

this would be a great week for tenor guitar (i think a few seasons peeps have them) IF our host fancies the idea... i don't normally bring my tenor guitar to the seasons, i think i've only done it one time, i totally understand if it's strictly ukes only

just a-wondrin' :confused: :music:

Tenor guitars are definitely most welcome Lynda :)

Gosh ... thanks for the links, Kevin! My first thought when I saw the this week's title was that, unbeknownst to me, the likes of Butch Cassidy, Robin Hood and Ned Kelly (in addition to, variously, looting banks, robbing the rich to give to the poor and modelling old trash cans) must have led secret lives as recording artists! But, no ... this is a whole new (to me) sub-genre and lots of artists to choose from. Can't wait!

Great theme Mez!

Gosh ... thanks for the links, Kevin! My first thought when I saw the this week's title was that, unbeknownst to me, the likes of Butch Cassidy, Robin Hood and Ned Kelly (in addition to, variously, looting banks, robbing the rich to give to the poor and modelling old trash cans) must have led secret lives as recording artists! But, no ... this is a whole new (to me) sub-genre and lots of artists to choose from. Can't wait!

No worries Val, I wouldn't be surprised to see some originals this week that touch on the themes that originally came to your mind :)

Like last season, I'm with Val. I've never even heard of this genre, let alone have any idea of what sort of music it is. Thanks for the list. I'll need it. If this happens 3 weeks in a row, I'm definitely going to host a trip hop season, though ;)

Nerver heard of outlaw country before, but that list includes a lot of mainstream artists that I know, even though I am no country connossieur. This should be managable :)

Like last season, I'm with Val. I've never even heard of this genre, let alone have any idea of what sort of music it is. Thanks for the list. I'll need it. If this happens 3 weeks in a row, I'm definitely going to host a trip hop season, though ;)

No pressure then.

Like last season, I'm with Val. I've never even heard of this genre,

Probably should have been around in the 70s and 80s. I love this music.

Here's my first, from David Allan Coe. I'm sure Trent will find one of his, too, when he recovers from his terrific week of hosting.

I've never been first before. Hope you're feeling OK, Pa!

Top Bottom