Quiet hello from Norfolk, UK!

Bales1983

Reaction score
Hi all!

Well im new to this as the board title would suggest. Dabbled with guitar for about 10 years off and on (by dabble i mean i know about 3 chords!) But felt an urge towards ukulele.

I have a disability that makes my hands sometimes rigid and a bit cumbersome but as i suspected finding Uke a lot easier than guitar so thats a bonus.

My journey up the ranks went a bit faster than expected - I started with a cheapy Martin Smith Soprano from Argos about a month ago, then went for a 2nd hand Makala Dolphin (great little strummer though i did change the black stock strings to Aquila) and last week received both a Kala KA-S Soprano and a Brunswick BU4C Concert!

Im finding Concert even easier on the hands now and the little Kala isnt getting much action at all, next up i guess ill need a tenor to see if im in the right size or could go up a peg.

I find the Brunswick to be a great Uke the Pegs seem so smooth compared to the Kala.

I see Bazmaz over at gotaukelele.com lists the Brunswick I have as coming soon for review and im really looking forward to his take on it :)

Hope to become acquainted with many of you on this new journey.

All the best

Lee

Hello from downtown East Midlands,just a few
miles north of you! Good to know you and keep
on strumming, you know it makes sense!

Hello Lee, thanks for popping by and saying hello.

Welcome to the forum and to a wonderful world of fun and longing for instruments. :)
I started on a concert sized uke, thought I would always be a concert guy or eventually to tenor but as fate would have it, I ended up falling in love with the Soprano and I rarely even look at anything else these days. No matter where you end up or what you end up playing, it is a fun journey being taken by amazing people who are so happy to share what they know.

Top Bottom