New D'Addario Micro Tuner - Clip Free

So every time you need to change the battery, you have to remove your tuning peg as well? How long before that starts rattling and you need a bigger screw or whatever?

So every time you need to change the battery, you have to remove your tuning peg as well? How long before that starts rattling and you need a bigger screw or whatever?

No. The battery slides out the back of the microtuner.

I would have to pass. I own two of the clip-on ones and they buzz like crazy.

I guess I have been lucky but, I own 3 or 4 of them and none have ever buzzed.

I have 15 or so, and none have ever buzzed, or broken (unlike my Snark tuners, which I really liked until they started snapping off, and/or losing the rubber(ish) foot...)

As to the photo that shows the tuner on the Kala uke, the positioning is stupid. Why on the G string tuner? It could make far more sense to mount it on either the C or E string tuner, toward the top of the tuning head, where there is no interference with either the neck or the tuners. Likewise the photo on the Bass - mount it on the A string tuner, where it interferes with nothing.

Personally, I use the clip-ons, and just leave them on the ukes.

-Kurt​

You can also mount your EXISTING NS-Micro tuner using either some blue FUNTACK putty or some 3M Foam Mounting Squares...I have done both with great success.

The FUNTAK comes off easy enough an does not mar the finish. The 3M foam squares have an adhesive, but the residue is easy to remove with a fingernail.

To use either, just slide the tuner head off the little clamp bracket, and then apply the fixer of your choice and then stick it on.

That is brilliant! I had given up on the darn things, because they kept popping off unexpectedly. The last straw came while I was practicing out on my patio, and I saw two of my cats in the distance batting around a small black object that I assumed was a PVC plug that had come loose from a chair. After a few minutes, something made me look under my headstock - and sure enough, the tuner was missing, and had become the cats' momentary plaything. Fortunately, they didn't break it!

I'm taking off these useless clamps and replacing them with double-sided tape, which I have here in abundance already. That way, they will be even more invisible from in front, too. Thank you! :)

bratsche

Last edited:
Looks like a good idea. I would not use it on your Outdoor Ukulele. If you strip that screw hole in the plastic, you may end up with serious problems. Stick with what you've got.

Top Bottom