C1K sound improved after a crack! Have you experienced something similar?

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I had a martin c1k for little less than a year.

Though I could see the quality, the ukulele never wowed me.. and UAS set in and went ahead and got many other ukes that sounded better to my years..

I kept c1k humidified and in a case and would play it sporadically and compare it to my other ukes.

A few weeks ago, I put on Worth Brown strings and after a few days the uke sounded really nice finger picked but a bit "loose/wobbly" strummed and then I noticed a tiny crack between the bridge and the bottom of the front side of the uke.

I got it professionally repaired under warranty from Gryphon Strings (Where I bought this uke from).

I think the crack had more to do than the strings for the improvement in sound.

Will post an update after a few days of playing without the crack.
Has something similar happen to you?

Yes. My Scott Wise Tenor ukulele which is an expensive instrument hand made in Australia scored a crack a few months ago and has sounded better ever since. I'm still playing it un-repaired.

Perhaps this is why Willie Nelson's Trigger sounds so good :)

Perhaps this is why Willie Nelson's Trigger sounds so good :)

CRACK: a line on the surface of something along which it has split without breaking into separate parts.
HOLE: a hollow place in a solid body or surface.

Imagine seeing a guitar like that at a yard sale. Would it sell at all - unless it was actually Trigger? I wonder if he has other guitars.

Trigger.jpg

Top Bottom