Greetings from Alexandria, Va.

Sammy Gong

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been playing uke for about 10 months and just went to my first ukefest, the Allegheny Ukulele Soireé, last weekend. I have an outsized case of UAS, but I prefer playing concert-sized ukes, and I have a love for longnecks. I'm also fond of long walks on the beach and am looking for someone with a good sense of humor.

Wait, strike that last bit. Wrong forum…

Welcome to UU Sammy :D

Thanks, man!

Welcome! Uke events are so much fun. :) What's your primary axe?

Right now, it's aTwisted Wood Nomad Concert, though I got a Mainland Mango Concert at the Soireé, and I've been working that the past few days. I have a few more (more than I should for being such a noviec, I guess), but my Nomad is my main joint.

What about you?

Last edited:
Welcome amigo!

Welcome! I was at the soiree too. Still coming down from the high of being around that many awesome ukulele folks (it was my first festival, so I was perhaps even extra excited about it) and from the great workshops/instructors. Danielle, Craig, Sarah, Jim, and the Dirty Hillers are all SO NICE!

Welcome! I was at the soiree too. Still coming down from the high of being around that many awesome ukulele folks (it was my first festival, so I was perhaps even extra excited about it) and from the great workshops/instructors. Danielle, Craig, Sarah, Jim, and the Dirty Hillers are all SO NICE!

Yeah, I didn't socialize as much as I could've/should've, though I chatted with Jim for a while, and talked with Sarah about the difficulties of sleeping while traveling. Really, really good time. Just printed out the materials from Craig and Sarah, and I can't wait to start digging into them.

Welcome to UU forum.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks, man!

Right now, it's aTwisted Wood Nomad Concert, though I got a Mainland Mango Concert at the Soireé, and I've been working that the past few days. I have a few more (more than I should for being such a noviec, I guess), but my Nomad is my main joint.

What about you?

I'm caught between my Pono and my Outdoor Ukulele... both Soprano. I also have more than I should for this stage in the game. The good news is that I am realizing I don't "need" to rescue every solid wood soprano in the marketplace. ;)

I have not played one personally but I am a fan of the Mango Mainlands. I am also a fan of the Nomad headstock. I'm a sucker for slotheads. :)

Nice taste in ukes!

I'm caught between my Pono and my Outdoor Ukulele... both Soprano. I also have more than I should for this stage in the game. The good news is that I am realizing I don't "need" to rescue every solid wood soprano in the marketplace. ;)

I have not played one personally but I am a fan of the Mango Mainlands. I am also a fan of the Nomad headstock. I'm a sucker for slotheads. :)

Nice taste in ukes!

Thanks! Yeah, my Nomad is the only slotted head I have. I really dig it. My Mainland is my go-to. I'd get another size from them, but I working to keep UAS at bay.

Top Bottom