Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I made a free Tin Pan Alley book

That's a wonderfull job you did and thank you very much for sharing.

Of course Ziret! Please feel free to share the book with your uke group. Just note through that Country Roads was written by John Denver and not Bob Denver as I put in the book. It's a mistake I will later correct.

Luke, glad you like the book. The versions of the 1960s and a couple more modern songs songs are jazzed or at least slightly jazzed up as a nod to the jazz era. Not strictly 1920s or 1930s, but wanted to put a few songs in there people may recognize. There is one David Bowie (Dead Man Walking) song I simply didn't know how to Jazz up so I stuck it in there just because I like it. I sort of apologize for this in the book's intro... Ha ha

Ha, Gilligan wrote Country Roads.

I don't think this should be in Shameless Self Promotion. It's Selfless Self Promotion. It should be in the songs portion, whatever that's called.
    Tiny Tenor spruce/mahogany
    Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert
    Timms 1K soprano
    Famous FS-5 soprano
    Flight Travel soprano

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for your generosity. You must have poured in hours and hours of work into this gem. I love the graphics, they make the book so much more interesting.
    Tenor: Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin Light Blue Burst, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

Thanks for creating and sharing this.

I just grabbed it and will be going through and will report with feedback (if any) later, once I've had a chance to dig in.

Please click here ->Just the FAQs<- to be taken to the FAQ index so you can learn about:
    - Magic Fluke Company ukes
    - Pickups, Preamps and Impedance Mismatch
    - Home Recording and Mics
    - String Upgrades
    - iPad Microphones
    - Wolfelele Uke Kit
    - How to string a Baritone uke as a piccolo bass
    - Strings I used for GDAE and CGDA fifths tunings

Your welcome Lapyang!

Thanks Booli. If you do end up having any feedback, I’d love to hear it. I haven’t had anyone proof read or test out the songs or book as a whole other than me.

Thread Information