FS: Kala SMHC Solid Mahogany Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Dave

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm selling my Kala SMHC (Solid Mahogany Hardwood Concert). It's currently strung with South Coast strings and sounds great. I purchased it last fall from HMS so you know it's been set up well.

This is, as far as I can tell, the least expensive ALL SOLID WOOD (no laminates) uke that HMS (and other reputable dealers) offered.

The uke is in pristine condition. I honestly can't see a single indication it's not brand new other than slight scuffing on the bridge where the HMS-equiped wound low-g string was.

I'll also include the gig bag.

Brand new it costs $239.
Asking $100 + shipping.

2018-04-24 16.16.27.jpg
2018-04-24 16.16.47.jpg
2018-04-24 16.16.55.jpg
2018-04-24 16.17.04.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a deal! I’d take it too at that price if it’s available still

Oh man. Sale pending with a wait list of 4 people.

Probably should have priced it higher! Oh well.

At a $100, this was/is a fantastic deal. I was recently looking at all solid mahoganys at the various top sellers and rejected this particular model because I wasn't a fan of the tortoise binding. At $100, you had me seriously reconsidering my earlier rejection.

AAAAAND I got in trouble. Apparently the wife wants to learn to play and had her heart set on keeping this one for her.

Obviously that's the best case scenario (if she gets bit by the bug too, she won't push back if I order an Ono or Oceana).

So I'm gonna pull the listing to give her a few months to play around. If she doesn't take to it, I'll re-list it.

Sorry to jerk everyone around like that. But I gotta live in the same house and we don't have a dog house I could squat in...

/sd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom