I'm in a video! (Danielle Ate the Sandwich's workshop class covers her song Cavities)

jisa

Reaction score
The last workshop I took at the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree this past weekend was a How to Make a YouTube Video workshop. (I figured it would be useful if I wanted to participate more in the Seasons of the Uke competitions, and since it was being taught by Danielle Ate the Sandwich, who as I discovered this weekend is a super awesome person, I was all the more excited to take it. And it was definitely worth it!

I learned a lot in the first half about how to make a video, but in the second half of the workshop was a practical session-Danielle recorded her and us recording an except of her song "Cavities" off her latest album, The Terrible Dinner Guest. It was super fun to record this with her, but given that we learned the song in fifteen minutes and only had two or so takes, it was also terrifying to record this because I really didn't want to be the one to ruin a take! Thankfully, it came out well, I think, and I wanted to share it with you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27soydVTHf4&feature=share

That was GREAT!

You guys did really well :)

I had 2 workshops with Danielle at the NJ Uke Fest back in August 2017. She is truly and completely amazing.

Such an accomplished player with a beautiful voice, and also a wonderful teacher who boosts your confidence as your are learning.

Also, she is one of the sweetest and kindest people I have ever met, since I had a chance to talk with her a few times throughout the day, and it's so easy to love her, both for her music and as a person.

Her concert that night was also both heavenly and inspiring.

I am happy you all had a good time at the event with her.

Thanks for sharing this video and story here on UU with us. :music:

Top Bottom