Kamaka Gold Label Pineapple with Decal

glldds

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and hope I am posting in the correct category. This Ukulele was a Goodwill find. It had a couple of little cracks around the sound hole that look like they have been professionally repaired from the inside with little pieces of wood...not very noticeable.

I have found similar Ukulele's online with the Pineapple Decal from earlier era's but not the gold label which I think is from 54-69. I have a couple of questions:

1. Was this made completely in Hawaii or was it partially built in Japan?
2. What kind of strings do you recommend.
3. What kind of value does it have?

Attachments

• kamaka4.jpg
    kamaka4.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 66
  • kamaka5.jpg
    kamaka5.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 68
  • kamaka.jpg
    kamaka.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 40
  • kamaka2.jpg
    kamaka2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 53
  • kamaka3.jpg
    kamaka3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 59
Aloha,

So this so the wrong place this is where you post to sell. But regardless that uke should have been made fully in Hawaii. In regards to strings I would put Kamaka strings they put less pressure on the bridge, sound decent, and it's just me but I like Kamaka on Kamaka. Value wise with hehe cracks and such I would say book value $1000-$1200 but resale probably $600-$750 I get the resale because of eBay listing that actually sold, Craigslist posting here in Hawaii average about $650 for this exact model and don't usually sell. But very nice piece! If you were consider selling PM me. Aloha!!

Thank you for the input, it is very helpful. I probably will sell and post on eBay within the month. If you are interested, let me know and or make an offer. I have a couple of old Martin saprano style 3’s that need a little love (repairs) so I could use the proceeds from this sale.
Thanks again
Cheers

Top Bottom