NUD: Dewdrop

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I finally took some pictures of my new Dewdrop, made by Tyler St. Clare of Baltimore. The top is spruce, the body maple, the fretboard padauk and maple, and the bridge is cocobolo. Tuners are Peghed. Price was $480. Notice how the neck blends into the body. He explained how he did that, but I don't remember the details. It's very light and has a beautiful sound. Now I have to find a hard case for it. I ordered a tenor case that I think will fit.

fourhourdaylutherie@gmail.com

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

That looks great, Jerry!! Congrats. It looks like a great deal of craftsmanship went into that instrument for only $480!

Nice. Love the design on the back, the sound hole rosette, and the unique fret markers.

That looks great, Jerry!! Congrats. It looks like a great deal of craftsmanship went into that instrument for only $480!

Yes. And I like the fact that it's truly a handmade instrument - no laser cutting or automatic machinery. He sourced a lot of the wood locally - probably not the cocobolo. : )

Wow! That is very beautiful! Sounds like a bargain at $480 for a handmade uke!

Beautiful ukulele! I bet they won't be priced in that range long with the demand that is sure to come.

I contacted Tyler and asked about potential for a tenor version. He will look at it. Nice wood work and I like the fact a lot of woods are local. No CITIES restrictions. There are a lot of good wood out there that don’t get used as much. Sound samples perhaps? Down the road?

Very punchy sound. Great looking ukulele. Can you comment on the neck shape? Woods looks great. I agree on the 10th fret marker. I’d rather have that then the 12 th fret inlay. Nice to see something just a little different. Hopefully site will have specs like length, depth of body etc. Looks like zero fret with wooden nut spacer?

Very punchy sound. Great looking ukulele. Can you comment on the neck shape? Woods looks great. I agree on the 10th fret marker. I’d rather have that then the 12 th fret inlay. Nice to see something just a little different. Hopefully site will have specs like length, depth of body etc. Looks like zero fret with wooden nut spacer?

Offhand, I'd say it's very comfortable. I played it for several hours on Saturday with no complaints (about the neck, I mean :) ) I'll take a closer look later and get back to you.

After a couple of hours, I realized that it had that zero fret feature. I think it's the only one I have like that.

Top Bottom