Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you like to play your ukulele at home?

I practice standing up & with a strap. So wherever my feet are, my ukulele is a yard above them: in my library with my music stand and sheet music, down the hall and into the kitchen, out onto the porch, etc.

Used to play in the basement. But, I found it very dreary and not very... umm, I don't know how to say this.. But not very uke-ish down there. Ukulele playing needs some sunlight and a happy setting. I now took over the lower level living room and turned it into my ukulele/hawaii room(despite not being from hawaii) But, it's decorated in respect to this vibe. I have a nice couch in there. It's great. Such an inspiring space. If I need a computer or tabs or lesson help, I have a laptop I put in front of me on a little table.

As a freelance writer, editor, tutor, and musician, I have a dedicated office/practice room. Exploded diagrams of instruments and a few of my own paintings decorate the walls. Bookshelves of poetry, drama, and musical scores provide inspiration. A desk is tucked into the space below a window. Instrument stands line one of the room's edges; an instrument service station fills a small closet. In the corner, a pedal board and microphone sit before a drum throne and amplifier.

It's a great space for disciplined practice and creation.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by bacchettadavid View Post
    As a freelance writer, editor, tutor, and musician, I have a dedicated office/practice room. Exploded diagrams of instruments and a few of my own paintings decorate the walls. Bookshelves of poetry, drama, and musical scores provide inspiration. A desk is tucked into the space below a window. Instrument stands line one of the room's edges; an instrument service station fills a small closet. In the corner, a pedal board and microphone sit before a drum throne and amplifier.

It's a great space for disciplined practice and creation.
    Sounds nice. Would love to see a pic of that space.
    Kamaka HF-3
    Martin 2K Tenor
    Mainland Soprano

Mostly sitting up in bed or in front of the tv. I have a solid-bodied Stagg that I bought for practice when I want to be quiet. Luckily my wife and child have never complained but I do sometimes pull back a little if I'm trying to practice something and I'm being really repetitive. I have a hook right next to my side of the bed so I can reach up and grab whichever is my favorite uke at the moment for a little practice before falling asleep. She's usually reading or on an ipad and doesn't seem to mind.

I play by the window in my dining room ! I really need to move my [belongings] up to one of the spare room.
    My best preference place is at Downupdave dining room. That room is magic. Everything sounds so much better. It's his wood floor, wood furniture.......I will steal that room soon.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thread Information