Season 324 - Crawl Out Through the Fallout

I did not know this song, but I picked it because I have heard some Bob Crosby and his Bobcats songs I have enjoyed in the past. I'm sorry I did not make the effort to memorize the lyrics because it is a pretty snappy tune. Sorry also that I could not get the backing vocals to come up any higher, but things are pretty janky around here and I have to cobble things together as best I can. Thanks for exposing me to these FALLOUT radio playlists!

The flag is still flown and the ideas remain. A war where one of the major reasons was to maintain the right to buy and sell people like livestock....

Easy Living - Billie Holliday on the list.Mine's more like Chet Baker's version...except not as good.Hope you are all having a good week.

It's not Little Richard's version, and it's not much like Louis Jordan's version, either...

Never heard this song before yesterday when I listened to Christopher's(Yukio) fantastic version. Check his out of you haven't already. Loved this song instantly, and I usually don't do songs someone else has already brought during the same week, but I made an exception in this case. I'd like to learn this one better and make it a part of my repertoire, but here is a quick work up, my 3rd full take at it. I found out quick that breathing during the verses basically isn't an option.....Heh

Last edited:
Well, Trent did this earlier in the week and my son commented that it was a cool song, but also that it was a bit like daddy. Poor Trent. Naturally Trent said I had to do it and I'm inclined to agree, even if I can't pick like him.

Our gracious host this week requested I do this song so I answered the bell and here it is! But he calls me a masochist?? Jeez! This is hard to do! lol Super fun song though. I'd seen the title, but never had heard it before. This is the best I could do on short notice folks.

Was really feeling the Big Iron...seems many where so I binned it, crestfallen, and started to sing the lyrics for 99 over the Marty Robbins chords.
Gee that turned out fun.

I think this one was on that other list? Anyway I saw it somewhere. Marty Robbins. NOT Big Iron.:) I think I'll try this one out at the nursing home.

For my last contribution to this wonderful season, I chose the first song listed for Diamond City Radio: A Wonderful Guy by Tex Beneke (written by Rogers/Hammerstein)

some tenor geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetar for ya, ryan - although not on an ink spots song - i just listened to rick's fab cover of this, and i loved it so much i wanted to join in the fun!

Lovely Autumn Saturday morning in Sydney.What a better time for a nuclear winter tune.I can't remember hearing the English version of this till BigDaddyUker's excellent take.I can see why you people get addicted to this format.Great way of finding weird and wonderful songs.
99 Luft Balloons.

Top Bottom