Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Season 324 - Crawl Out Through the Fallout

I hate to throw in the towel, but I just can't seem to crack this.

I really dig the Asylum Street Spankers version of "It's a Sin to tell a Lie" (Featuring ukulele), so I was excited to see it on the list. Already had a lead sheet printet i key of C.
    I spent a lot of time practicing, transposing it to the key of A, making tabs for an instrumental verse and all... Only to realize that I just can't get that groove going :-/

Does anybody need ukulele tabs for that song in A?
    I give up.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Default Nocturne Opus 9 No 2 Chopin

This was a challenge for sure. Here from classical radio, Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No 2, transcribed for ukulele.

I am grateful to our host for the inspiration! There was a lot of perspiration, and more to come, for this piece.

Whenever I learn a song from the 30s, 40s or 50s, I end up playing it in my own sort-of-syncopated style. I hope to be more jazzy someday, but that day is not today, so here's my sort-of-syncopated take on Nena's amazing song...

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Very late to the festivities this week . . . This song has been done a bit over the last two weeks, but it was the only one I figured I could learn and record with the time at hand . . .

Thanks for hosting Ryan! I was exposed to a lot of new material this week. Was pleasantly surprised by the Lynda Carter material and in particular liked 'Good Neighbor' a lot ~

Hey guys,

As you probably guessed, Season 324 is now closed for business. Was hoping to have got a wrap up done today but an impromptu family gathering happened and I've just finishing tidying away the maelstrom it brought.

It might be a little while before I get things wrapped up because I've just had the sort of bad news which is likely to lead to worse news in the near future so I'll be a bit preoccupied.

Suffice to say I've thoroughly enjoyed this week, as always, you guys definitely brought your A game, ESPECIALLY the ones who tackled the classical playlist.

You may not want to set the world on fire but I hope you all go and start a flame in Andy's Hot Hot Hot season.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

sorry to hear about bad news, ryan - good luck, i hope everything will be ok
    lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Ryan, here's hoping things get sorted for you and yours sooner than soon. Hugs.

Very sad to hear about this bad news. Praying for grace, peace, and deliverance.

����

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I'll try and get a wrap up tonight if I get the chance. Feeling a bit better than I was last night.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Greetings,

Sorry to have missed your season, still helping Mom move. She has decades of junk to sort through.

Ciao
    Gina
    "There are purple trees, my other mind has seen. So many things this one has not, so many things this one forgot. They never existed or did they? My other mind would know". gsc

Thread Information