Season 324 - Crawl Out Through the Fallout

Great eclectic song lists! I saw Peggy Lee and had to investigate.It's a cool song.Johnny Guitar.Then again everything Peggy Lee did was cool.
Normally would be sung by a woman.So I massaged the lyrics from ist person to 2nd person.I think it still works ok.

Hello
Today I recorded 'Why don't you do right?' from Fallout: New Vegas.
This was a first try recording and I may have slapped the Uke a bit much with my strumming hand... anyway, enjoy and have a good first of May (it is a holiday in Iceland)

Right, well it's the morning of Day 3 for me and, including my efforts, we have 32 vids by 17 Seasonistas and I have to thank you all for how well you've embraced the theme. Like I alluded to earlier in the thread, i have expanded the criteria slightly but if you are able to find something from the original list that'd be great.

The standard of playing is off the charts, we've had multiple versions of the same songs that have come out different, we've had some classical, some jazz, country, rock n roll. All bases covered.

Just need Linda Louden to do End of the World and I'll have a hattrick for that song too!

There will now be five prizes at the end of this week, winnable by random draw. I can assure you they will be worth it.

Interesting fact about this very martial, war-inspired song: it was written by a woman, Julia Ward Howard.

Last edited:
You have BigDaddyUker to either thank or blame for this one! He gave me the heads up about it, and thanks David for that, I probably never would have heard it otherwise. Some hardcore hillbilly honky tonk by The Roues Brothers, who I had never heard of before, or heard this song before. Interestingly, this was actually recorded in 1999. I did another quick work up for this one, I worked out a solo, then practiced it in sections a few times, then hit record. This is the 2nd full take, so it's a bit rough, but I love this kind of materiel, and had fun trying it.

I'm sorry Steve, you're bringing Blue Moon to a season hosted by a United fan? Not sure I can allow that.

Hey, I'm a United fan too - nearly choked singing that song.

A little Blue Danube Waltz, worked out by ear, based on how I vaguely remember it from playing it on a Kimball electronic organ about 40 years ago.

This gorgeous Billie Holiday song is in Fallout 3 & 4. I'm more familiar with the Anita O'Day version. Surprisingly, this is the second Carl Sigman song I've done this Season! My voice and my playing cannot do this song justice. Check it out.

I added synth violin and vibraphone.

Hi all
Even though others have done 'Big Iron' during this week (and last week), I wanted to do one of my own... so I did :D

Top Bottom