Beautiful Kanile'a K1-C Glossy Concert Uke with New Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
Pictures can be seen at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/avcz3S4VPG6Sz4De2

Those that know me know that Kanile'as are my favorite Ukes. I have 3 different ones: A 19 inch Custom Tenor, 17 inch KPE Tenor, and a 15 inch K-1 C concert. I believed, and still believe, that you need all 3 scales so that you can keep familiar with the different sized fingerings each one of these scales require.

However, I find that the my go to Ukes are the 19 and the 17, with the 15 Concert being left behind, and feeling very lonely. This is too nice and too expensive a Uke to be in 3rd place and not getting the playing time it deserves.

Available is a Kanile'a K1-C Concert with a glossy Koa body. It was built in Aug 2017 and is wonderful for picking and strumming in Low G and in re-entrant. A buddy of mine and I tried to determine what it is strung with. I thought Aquila, and he thought it might be GHS. Either way, it is equipped with Low G, and you can determine if the strings are for you.

The condition is excellent. There a few small dimples and marks that can't be photographed, and a little nick across the top of the headstock from the top view. Other than that, this is in wonderful condition. You would have to buy new to get an instrument in much better shape. I am as descriptive as I can be when I sell and the many that have purchased from me can tell you this. I have plenty of references here if you need them.

It will come with a brand new case, which is pictured with the tags still on it.

The pictures were taken both outside and in, so there there is some glare and shadowing, but be assured that it is only glare and shadowing.

There's not much else to say that the Kanile'a website can't give you. They continue to get better and I am thrilled with the two others in my stable.

Price is $675 + $25 CONUS shipping, which if you've bought a Uke and had it shipped, you know that $25 won't cover it, but I will. PP F&F preferred if you feel comfortable enough with me to do this. The price is right, I ship fast, and pack protectively. Have confidence doing business with me.

Why wait? The sooner you pull the trigger, you sooner you are playing it.

Non smoking and no pets.

Thanks for reading.

Pictures can be seen at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/avcz3S4VPG6Sz4De2

Last edited:
I had the chance to play this 'ukulele recently as a part of shopping for an 'ukulele to use in linear tuning.

Lenny is selling a very nice instrument here. I gave it a close inspection, and its condition is as like-new as it gets. The tone was woody (slightly throaty, even) and a bit more open than the usual Kanile'a sound (which may have been due to the strings).

It's a beautiful instrument. The only reason I didn't buy it is that my main instrument is a super concert, and I've decided I'm really looking for a tenor 'ukulele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom