Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to get reverb and distortion

When you say “electric ukulele” are you talking about a solid body with coil or humbucker pickup? I think there might be different recommendations if so.

I have been bitten by the EFX pedal bug well and truely. What I’ve learned so far is a pedal that sounds great on a steel string electric guitar doesn’t necessarily work well for a nylon string Uke. I suggest that you search the Uke Talk section for “pedalboard “. There is a good thread that contains a video of Jake talking about his pedal board. It’s a good place to start. Be careful though, EFX pedals are a whole universe of Acquisition Syndrome Disorder.
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

Current Instruments:
    Boat Paddle ML tenor - Red Spruce over Cocobolo
    Barron River 8 string tenor - All Honduran Quilted/Waterfall Figured Mahogany
    Collings UC2 Concert - All Mahogany
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Baritone - Master Grade Ebony and AAA Red Spruce
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tasmanian Blackwood

An amp with built-in effects is an easy way to try out those effects.
    My desire to experiment led me to buy a few inexpensive pedals; a Behringer Reverb and a Donner Blues Drive pedal for modest distortion. I think they were both in the $30-$35 range. However you should heed hollisdwyer's advice...a couple of pedals quickly turns into...
    IMG_1770.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    An amp with built-in effects is an easy way to try out those effects.
    My desire to experiment led me to buy a few inexpensive pedals; a Behringer Reverb and a Donner Blues Drive pedal for modest distortion. I think they were both in the $30-$35 range. However you should heed hollisdwyer's advice...a couple of pedals quickly turns into...
    IMG_1770.jpg
    Yes, my Pedal Acquisition Syndrome is totally out of hand. Here a photo of my version 1.

E3776E59-54FA-4375-946C-B65624F79F61.jpg

I now up to version 4.

Current Instruments:
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tasmanian Blackwood

For reverb I just use the built-in function in my amp, a Blackstar. For distortion I use the amp's overdrive augmented by ZVEX Fat Fuzz Factory

I just ordered the SuperEgo Plus from Electro-Harmonix. Fun, Fun, Fun.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-with-effects
    My pride and joy is a Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. I named it "Lumière"
    I also have a Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol which I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    And another soprano by Kanilea. The Islander AS-4 Acacia that I call "Little Bear"

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
    I just ordered the SuperEgo Plus from Electro-Harmonix. Fun, Fun, Fun.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-with-effects
    EHX make great pedals. I’m very happy with my micro POD.

Current Instruments:

I started with a Vox mini with the effects built in and I still use it for busking sometimes, because it is small and runs on batteries. But I after a couple of years I bought a Kustom acoustic amp for a little more reach in other venues and quickly started accumulating pedals. For sound, I prefer the latter set up with the pedals. It is a lot more versatile. For convenience, I still like the Vox. But pedals are easy to come by. I hit the pawn shops regularly and pick up pedals to mess around with for twenty to thirty bucks. I even have one pawn shop that I've gone into so often that they let me take them home and try them out first. I also think that it is kind of fun to run all of the cables and hook them all up. I've learned a lot more about effects and amplification by using pedals then by setting a knob on my Vox.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Thread Information