Cali Concert (Made By Mike Pereira)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cds

Reaction score
This is a concert sized uke hand made by Mike Pereira in his California shop. I bought this just about two weeks ago from Mim's Ukes. It is in perfect condition as I have only played it around the house. I bought it on impulse thinking that I would like to try a concert size. It sounds very similar to Mahogany. Plays wonderfully. I am just not a concert size guy.

Here are the specs:
Top back & sides are solid black Walnut
Honduran Mahogany neck
East Indian Rosewood fingerboard & bridge
Black Walnut headstock overlay with a Cali "C" decal
Light wood (Maple???) face dots
Bone nut & saddle
Gotoh Deluxe friction tuners
Hand rubbed satin oil finish.

Not Available for sale any longer.

Thanks,
Chris

i-PV5gvGq-X2.jpg

i-2wnvqBS-X2.jpg

i-s9fvm6f-X2.jpg

i-xk8kHd7-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I’m guessing Mim would take it back if you’re not happy with it.

I’m guessing Mim would take it back if you’re not happy with it.

Y'know I was thinking the same thing. If it is truly still in "new condition" I'd offer to pay her shippiing to you and any transaction fees and see if she'll refund the rest. You'll be out less money and she will probably have better luck finding a new owner than you will.

I corrected a mistake that I made in the description. The nut & saddle are genuine bone. The face dots are some type of wood inlay (Maple??)

I love the look of walnut. It is a lovely instrument. Good luck!

Man I really dig the look of that walnut! Beautiful instrument. Too bad the timing isn’t right for me to buy it.

Best luck with your sale.

What is the nut width?

Any sound samples or YouTubes you could point us to? I found a Ken Middleton review of a tenor, (not the Cali model, though), & it looked and sounded fantastic, but I would guess that the Cali concert would sound a bit different. Looks like Pereira is a great builder.

What is the nut width?

Any sound samples or YouTubes you could point us to? I found a Ken Middleton review of a tenor, (not the Cali model, though), & it looked and sounded fantastic, but I would guess that the Cali concert would sound a bit different. Looks like Pereira is a great builder.

The nut width is 1 3/8". I have no sound samples, sorry. Yes, Mike makes some really high quality Ukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom