What do you do for work?

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
In an effort to get to know all of you more. And While I know this might be in the introduction thread.. I seem to get a little lost in that one..

I wanted to see what everyone did for a living. I know this will prompt lots of puns.. jokes... all sorts of fun banter.. but i was just curious...

Im in IT.

Jack of all trades Master on None kinda thing. Work for a IT solution provider so I get to try different hats for different accounts

:shaka:

Was a bartender but the late nights were not working out with school work. so now im just a student. selling a uke once a month to support my self. :( hehehe thats the last resort. fortunately saved a few dollars for a couple of months and then we move on from there.

Work! whats that?

Oh you mean before I retired, Drove truck coast to coast for over 30 years. Than drove a petroleum tanker truck for years. 44 years total driving.

personal trainer/dietician - easy work but things aren't exactly booming

I'm a software designer at the moment. In the past I've been a magazine editor, done advertising design, written books, and been a podcasting pioneer. I like to call myself as a digital renaissance man. I think that pretty much just makes me a geek. :p (And someone in need of ukeshale!)

I am a retired high school physics teacher who also coached football and track & field for 35 years.

Kamaka 'white label' 8-string ukulele
Beltona blue tenor resonator ukulele

I'm a software designer at the moment. In the past I've been a magazine editor, done advertising design, written books, and been a podcasting pioneer. I like to call myself as a digital renaissance man. I think that pretty much just makes me a geek. :p (And someone in need of ukeshale!)

you've done everything i'd love to do!

Entremanure.

I'm in IT, working for a major US healthcare organization. I work mostly on Wintel servers, though much like Generem said, I'm jack of all trades, master of none.

I prefer not to think of myself as a geek, because when I get home at the end of the day I really don't want to see another computer again until the morning (as opposed to some of my coworkers who can't wait to get home so they can play with their computers).

I am a Project Manager For Federal Highways Road Inventory Program.

Basically we work for the National Parks. We go out to the parks meet with some park employees then we drive all their paved roads and manually rate all thier parking areas. Part of my job is to take scenic photos for the reports so I get to do some site seeing while I am out. I get out in the field about a week a month on average.

Bet you didn't know a job like this existed.

I am a retired high school physics teacher who also coached football and track & field for 35 years.

Kamaka 'white label' 8-string ukulele
Beltona blue tenor resonator ukulele

I'm a physics major and I'll probably end up teaching once I graduate:cool:

Over the summer I'm a valet parker at a beach club.

I do IT support for colleges across the nation. Some big ones out west....

Ukeshale, do you do any online stuff in the lines of training? I'm looking for a personal trainer to give me workout ideas...

Top Bottom