Basketball Jones (Cheech and Chong)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

Basketball and golf have been my two favorite sports in my life, and at age 61 I still enjoy shooting baskets. Unfortunately I don't think I can play full court anymore. I'd probably start cramping after a couple times up and down the court. But I might give you a run for your money at H-O-R-S-E.

Hope you like my quickie rendition of Cheech and Chong's ode to basketball.

Sweet stuff, my brother.

Did you know that George Harrison played on the original?

And Billy Preston, Tom Scott, Carol King, Ronnie Spector..........

Thanks, Cletus! I didn't know that until I did some research on Wikipedia about the song. I was surprised by the caliber of musicians who helped them out!

Thanks, Luke! Every time I shot baskets in this gym, I thought to myself that I should shoot some video and include my favorite trick shots at H-O-R-S-E. Unfortunately, my camera's battery died before I could do more trick shots. I only got the over-the-backboard shot! :p

I wish you could have helped the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday!

You had to have been "cracking yourself up" recording that, yet you didn't waver. Too funny!

(I, personally, never got past H-O-R-S-E.)

Loved it John! Remembering the Cheech and Chong version and cracking up. Great job out on the court, some sweet shooting and a great background score. Really getting good at videography but I did kind of miss the micro bus. Thank you sir for sharing. :love:

Loved it, John! A lot of teams could use you at point guard-- plus, you could grab the uke and provide the halftime entertainment!

Was trying to figure out if the basketball hitting the floor was in rhythm...

Great video and very impressed with your shooting!

Basketball Jones...(SWISH), Got a Basketball Jones... (Swish)...

Did you notice this?
stop it! now you're just messing with me. I might have to revisit this later, after I hit the court this evening, or before game 2 maybe.

or maybe i need to learn this song for this SOTU season?! I don't have the editing skills of John tho!

You had to have been "cracking yourself up" recording that, yet you didn't waver. Too funny!

(I, personally, never got past H-O-R-S-E.)
It was a fun song to do! I liked the Space Jam CD! :)

Loved it John! Remembering the Cheech and Chong version and cracking up. Great job out on the court, some sweet shooting and a great background score. Really getting good at videography but I did kind of miss the micro bus. Thank you sir for sharing. :love:
Thanks, Joe! I gotta get back to my favorite window for recording. I've been down with a long-lasting cold the last couple weeks and a cough that just won't go away!

Loved it, John! A lot of teams could use you at point guard-- plus, you could grab the uke and provide the halftime entertainment!
Thanks, Bill! I wonder if an ukulele artist has ever done a half-time show? Jake surely would wow the crowd!

Top Bottom