UAS strikes again

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Wasn't looking for a tenor, but couldn't resist this one, a sweet deal over on Reverb, a LoPrinzi mahogany Model AM-T. I'm mostly a soprano player, but have owned Ohana tenors, and have played Ponos too. Hope this one sounds as good as it looks, we'll see next week. Anyone here have one of these?

One thing I noticed when viewing other examples of LoPrinzi ukes on the web, some have the laminated neck, some not. Looks like the more recent ones don't. Did they stop using lam necks? If so, why?

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
LoPrinzi is on my wish list, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what others have to say, as well as a review from OP once it arrives. :)

LoPrinzi is on my wish list, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what others have to say, as well as a review from OP once it arrives. :)

Me too, one of my friends has a mahogany LoPrinzi and really loves it. It sounds and looks great. I have been thinking of an all Cherry LoPrinzi Baritone. Next time I am near the Tampa area I’ll have to go by the LoPrinzi shop and see what they think of the idea.

LOL! So true.

Nice uke. Never heard of this brand. Will have to look into them. Curious.

Congratulations.
Yep, Donna builds with cherry wood, and it makes fabulous ukes.
You can't go wrong with a LoPrinzi, they are impeccably built, and Donna is a real sweetie to deal with. I don't have the funds for one, but she still works on our non LoPrinzi ukes.

Ohhh, UAS is stirring up big time. Some day, I'm going to try a LoPrinzi.
I keep looking at the Uke Republic site, since they have some listed that will be coming in.

Got this one in. Didn't like the Nyltech strings, put on a set of Worth Clears. First impressions are very favorable: beautiful craftsmanship, sweet mahogany tone and good volume. As noted by others, the neck is very thin, compared to Ohanas, Mainlands etc. Action is super low, about 1.5 mm at 12th, too low for me, with some mild buzzing under moderate strumming. I'll probably install a taller saddle to get action up to 2 mm, or slightly higher. Donna says stock action is 2.5 mm, so I assume this was lowered by the dealer, since seller said it hadn't been modded since initial purhase.

Attachments

• 2018-05-11 09.57.20.jpg
    2018-05-11 09.57.20.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2018-05-11 09.56.54.jpg
    2018-05-11 09.56.54.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Congrats! I have always heard great things about LoPrinzi instruments

Action is super low, about 1.5 mm at 12th, too low for me, with some mild buzzing under moderate strumming.

Congratulations on your new uke!

I finally had a chance to try a LoPrinzi, and now have UAS more than ever. (In case anyone has a concert they'd like to sell, please see my post in the marketplace.)

But, the one I tried had mild buzzing, too, (OK if played very lightly, though), and also had intonation problems on the A string. Is the intonation OK on yours?

I love, love the neck, though, and overall really liked the one I tried, if it wasn't for the intonation problem and slight buzzing if not played lightly. I wonder if this one was also modified. I had that thought while looking at it, and now your post really makes me think that is probably what happened.

Congratulations Ukecaster! :agree: I am afraid I would be in the same situation as Joyful Uke if I was able to get a Loprinzi in my hands to try out. :iwant:

Cheers and a good weekend to all,

Steve.

Last edited:
Sounds like it has good tone and volume.
That certainly didn't cure my UAS. :)

Enjoy that great ukulele.

Beautiful uke, John, and it sounds great.

Top Bottom