UU'er uke transfer world record

In June 2012 I bought a uke in the marketplace and traced its provenance all the way back to the luthier. I was the fifth owner (not counting the luthier). I still have it. :)

Last edited:
Interesting question! Not counting the tours like "the little white ukulele" I would imagine the number is still single digits

All but one, (possibly two), of mine I've bought new, never sold any, & unlikely too, (though I did give away six of my earlier purchases), I like what I've got, & will probably keep them all until I die. :)

I have a Kamaka super that I believe has changed hands 7 times. The original owner to another party, then to Lenny then to Robin then back to Lenny then to Simon and then to me. I have owned it going on two years and it is a great sounding, looking and playing instrument. Just cause a uke moves around a lot doesn't mean its a dog.

Simon had sellers remorse, bought a Koaloha which he soon sold because he didn't bond with it and wants this one back. Not gonna happen :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Reminds me of that song that the Von Trapp kids sang toward the end of The Sound of Music... "Adieu, adieu, to U and U and U..."

I thought this thread was going to be about who moved the farthest away with the largest number of ukuleles.

bratsche

This may not be a world record, but it is a funny story.

I bought a used Kinnard a few years back, and ordered a custom. This brought me into contact with Kevin from Kinnard Ukes, who is a terrific person. We spent the better part of a day together talking story and visiting John Kinnard. At one point during the day, I mentioned the other top end uke I had was a Collings tenor in koa. He mentioned that he used to have one of those too. Later, I mentioned that I bought mine from "a guy in the Midwest". He told me he sold his to a guy in the Midwest. Turned out it was the same guy, and the same uke.

Top Bottom