Season #325 - Feeling Hot Hot Hot

I don't like trying to perform songs that have talking parts, because while it's easy for me to strum and sing in rhythm with the strum, it's very difficult to speak normally while strumming. This song is almost all talking, and there are a LOT of words to cram in, so it was quite difficult.

For Season of the Ukulele 325, the theme is “Feeling Hot Hot Hot!”. Here’s Brian Eno’s “Burning Airlines Give You So Much More” for tenor ukulele with singing, and overdubs of Ubass and harmony vocal.

May 14 will be Brian Peter George St John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno’s 70th birthday. To honor the occasion, Woodstock Ukulele Studio (SE Portland, Oregon) will host a Brian Eno ukulele concert. The concert will take place on May 12, and is a free event. It is approximately 60 minutes long. There will be two shows; one at 6 pm, and the second at 8 pm.

Free tickets for these shows are available; email ferglow@comcast.net

16 vids on my end of day 1, thanks everyone. As outstanding as all the entries have been so far, remember the heat/Fire/etc. should be literal, as in temperature, not figurative.

Well I have 2 songs in mind. Both of which require 2 voices (so I'll try to rope Tiffany in) both of which I had nearly ready to go for recent seasons, both of which use the same strumming pattern, and both of which mention burning your feet on hot tar... Maybe one influenced the other just a little bit...

SUMMER? Here in New England, we just got spring this past week. My sister in Vermont had four inches of snow this past Monday. Anyway, here's a Genesis song.

Hi, Andy! Took a while to find a song for this week and I hope this one will fit the bill. Never has (have?) Bananarama sounded so mournful. In my defence, I'm not really that keen on Bananarama and so I thought I would try to give the song a bit of gravitas ... the lyrics are, after all, VERY sad!

Here's one by the Raconteurs I've been tempted by for a few different seasons. Bloody hard today at the end of an exhausting long weekend but not sure when I'm gonna get time to play it otherwise.

Unless I missed something, this one was just waiting to be done. And it burns ...

Great season, Andy!

Frank Turner has a new record out and you know what that means?
I am going to butcher his songs. Starting with this one.

This one was done by many, but I first remember it from the Bobby Fuller Four

Introducing my new Emerald harp ukulele, which I just got today. I'm excited to see what this thing can do, when I finally figure it out.

thank you for hosting the week, Andy
an original song for the season

Top Bottom