Season #325 - Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Here in Australia we call a REALLY hot day a 'scorcher'. A scorcher can turn a tar road into a slow flowing black creek.

paoriginal.

Last edited:

One from up and coming folk singer Bob Dylan - Spanish Harlem Incident.
"Gypsy girl the hands of Harlem cannot hold you to its heat
Your temperature's too hot for taming, your flaming feet burn up the street'

Here is an original about an elderly Irish couple who decide to try life in sunny Spain.

It was born from a banjo tune that I was working on. I am terrible at remembering tunes, unless I put some words to them. So I put some lyrics to the A) part of the tune and then realised I had a vehicle for this week's theme. So, I switched gear and wrote this song. It follows the Irish tune structure of AABB rather than the standard Verse-Chorus-Verse we might expect in a pop song. I hope you like it.

Tuesday morning (in California at least) dawns and we are up to 37 (I think) excellent entries. If I’ve missed your video please let me know and I’ll add it to the list.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed so far. I wasn’t sure how much room people would find to move around in the theme, but there have been a few surprises and everything has been extremely enjoyable.

Don’t be afraid to repeat a song if you find that it has already been played by someone else. Different versions are always interesting and most welcome.

If you haven’t contributed before and are thinking about joining the fun please do jump in. If you aren’t sure how it works don’t be afraid to ask. I think you’ll find all of the Seasonistas happy to help get you rolling.

Thanks again everybody for keeping this wagon train rolling.

Well I've been given a surprise half day from work and my head's still spinning from last night. Only cure for that in an empty house is a heavy helping of distortion and some gratuitous solos.

This is not the Hendrix song, it's by Kasabian. Never has a three word chorus been so hard to sing.

This is not the song that I was looking for,said a wise old Jedi,
but I'm glad that I found it !!

Mississippi John Hurt is a discovery and this song is great.
Played on Little Red. A Lazy Palm entry level box .
Tuned aDF#B. Might do the Bessie Smith one later .

I wonder how many seasonistas are old enough to remember the ink spots

Greetings,

A one take wonder of a Grateful Dead Song "Fire on the Mountain". It needs some fancy stuff but I only have my phone and a uke and ten minutes. So here goes....

i know i said i was only joking, when i threatened to bring a song about the menopause

however

they do say you should write what you know..............................

"is it me or is it hot in here"

Randy Newman wrote this song, about a 1969 fire on the polluted Cuyahoga River.

Jimmie Rodgers wrote it. Leon Redbone recorded it on his first record, and he played a mouth tromboon as well. This is not for the easily offended. I may need to clean my spit valve ...

I also break out the Ohana mahogany for the first time since winter!

Man, I've had a heck of a time with iMovie today but I got one done. Busy Busy Busy.
I have #15 scheduled to come on Sunday evening. it's a girl :)

Here's a song by The Derailers about being left cold in the hot summer. My wife was in the room at the time, and my dog was going nuts in the backyard, so lots of distractions, but I kept the take. It was about my bedtime. lol

Top Bottom