Season #325 - Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Desert Pavement

Rock Doctor
UU VIP
Reaction score
Spring has sprung here in the northern hemisphere (at least in the low- to mid-latitudes) and we have already had a few hot days here in the Bay Area. And in the desert the mercury is already pushing triple-digits. It got me thinking, we’ve had a season (hosted by Myrna) about cold, but we have never had a season about heat.

This week pleas help ring in the beginning of (northern hemisphere) summer by bringing songs that have heat/hot in the title or lyrics. Other warm end of the thermometer words (e.g., fire, inferno, etc.) are also acceptable. Or, if you have not yet had your fill of the Mojave radio station from Fallout, play a song about the desert, any desert. As long as it is a hot desert (Sahara, Mojave, Sonoran, etc.) and not one of those cold deserts (Antarctic Dry Valley, etc.).

Regular rules:
Season runs Sunday to Sunday
Multi-tracking ok but ukulele should be front and center
Mention season 325 in your intro or text in the video
Videos must be newly recorded for this season.

Of course originals are welcome, dealing with either of the themes above.

Please limit to 1 song/day to start. Depending on how things are going I will open it up later in the week.

There will be prizes, drawn at random at the end of the season.

Anyone who has been lurking for a while is more than welcome to join in the fun. I promise we don’t bite.

Remember there is still a little more than a day left in Ryan’s fallout season. I’ll post a playlist to YT once the entries start rolling in.

Thanks everyone, I’m looking forward to hosting again.

Now with more PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNEOotzh1tfsBQp6wqCup3WOO0ymWRnTA

Last edited:
can we bring songs about the menopause?

only joking!

(but seriously....................................... is it me. or is it hot in here?)

great theme!

Does it specifically have to have "heat" or "hot" rather than, say, "desert", "fire" or "steaming"?

Does "hot" need to mean hot in the ambient temperature sense? I ask because, in most songs it has more the connotation of sexy, randy or feverish, and that doesn't seem quite in the spirit of the theme, particularly if other words suggesting actual heat don't qualify.

Good questions Ubelele. It doesn’t have to be specifically “hot” or “heat”, but it should be temperature based. Words associated with heat, like fire, inferno, etc., are eligible.

I’ve clarified in the intro post.

Now, how should one answer that...........

Now, I've only been married for a few years (and my wife is going through the opposite of menopause right now) but I think the answer is one shouldn't

This one only briefly mentions the heat (40°C, not F) but everything else that happens in the story is either aided or exacerbated by the heat.

Also a good choice because it not only name drops our host, but would also make a fitting future YouTube title for our very own Rob.

It's also a scorching bank holiday weekend here so I will be doing a spot of gardening myself this afternoon - hopefully without the complications

A bit of heat in this one.From Australian singer songwriter Stephen Cummings."She set fire to the house"

I'm on fire

Are you even surprised? :)

(I'm doing this in C: riff is C(add9) -> Am, which I'm playing as 0005 -> 2000)

Last edited:
Fire

Yet another Bruce Springsteen number, from 1976 or thereabouts, one he originally wrote for Elvis, but made famous by the Pointer Sisters.

(I'm doing this in C too. Riff is C C A A C, btw, 3, 3 0 0 3, on the A string)

Last edited:
Hotter than a match head!

Pa beating me to it is not going to stop me from doing a Lovin Spoonful song whenever possible :)

Here is my take on "Summer in the City". For once I used the first take in stead of number 6 or 7, so it has the small missed notes it comes with.

This is my all time favorite Ray Stevens song, and this was a chance to do it, so I did. This was very difficult to attempt though! And yes, I know I'm not right in the head! Heh....

What an excellent start, thanks! Don’t forget that there is still the rest of today (Sunday) to contribute to Ryan’s Fallout season.

Back from our hols, on probably the hottest day of the year...
Anyway, this one has some long hot days in the middle bit, but really, there can't be many songs which feel more summer-y than this.

Top Bottom