Season #325 - Feeling Hot Hot Hot

I don't think this one has popped up yet...

Thursday night on the US west coast and we are up to 70 videos. I’ve been able to keep up so far. So, the floodgates are open. Bring as many songs as you have in you between now and 11:59:59 Hawaii time on Sunday. Hopefully I won’t live to regret this decision :D

Here's a neat Dale Watson song about having a flat, which always sucks, but it's even worse in hot, cold, or wet weather.

I don't know if you guys remember season 286. The Ukelites were a bit slow to post the theme and Pa couldn't get hold of them, so he put up a substitute theme in the mean time. The theme was songs about nothing. I remember thinking I had the perfect song, and I had heaps of fun learning to play it, but then the Ukelites showed up and the nothing season ceased to exist. I've been looking for an excuse to play the song ever since, and it has a line about "running barefoot on the hot hot tar," so I think it works for this season.

I think this really needs two singers because the verse after the chorus kind of overlaps with the last note of the chorus. Anyway, Tiffany agreed to help me and since we were working together, I thought I'd try experimenting with some harmonies in the last chorus. It's not very polished, but we had fun with it. Actually, the whole thing was so fun that I decided to leave in the aborted start and everything.

My second original this week.... Time permitting, it may not be my last... You lucky people :rolleyes:

This is not really Hot Hot Hot, but it is definitely related to a DESERT!

It is another in my ocasional series of art criticisms in song. I used to have this picture in my bedroom as a student (as a poster, of course). I never realised it was a woman until today when I read on Wiki that Rousseau specifically stated the figure in the painting is a woman. The title just said "gypsy" - I had assumed it was a Berber male (Jana says I was being patriarchal and gender-centric :p )

Anyway, here it is:

Here's a Jim and Jesse song I did awhile back, but re-recorded it for this week. One of my favorite tunes.

This is a Meat Puppets song, but most people, myself included, know it from Nirvana' s MTV Unplugged set.

Couldn't find a key to make it all sound good in power chords so I've put my own small spin on it

Last edited:
It's nearly midnight here, so I can say this was posted on another day to fit in with this Season's rules. Basically if I don't post this last song of mine for this week now, then I won't be able to ever. We are going on a hiking break tomorrow, staying at a mountain refuge and then further walking on Sunday. So this is my last chance to post.

This song has both the desert and blistering heat in it. It is a synopsis, in song, of a chapter from my (unpublished) novel "The Warrior". The book is based on the wartime adventures of an old Spanish Republican I met in my early days in Catalonia. He saw service in the Republican army and then with the collapse of Catalonia he fled into France, was imprisoned in a concentration camp and after many hair raising adventures was shipped to Algeria to fight with the French Foreign Legion. What happened to him next is told in this song.

I fully intend to publish the trilogy of which "The Warrior" forms the final book, sometime in my early retirement - even if I have to accept digitally publishing it on some obscure website.

Meanwhile, here is a taster in song:

PS it is five minutes long - because there is a lot of story to tell.

Hello Andy, thanks for hosting! This theme is great, though I must admit it has been harder than I expected to find songs, not to mention time to learn and record one :) This song caught my attention when it was played last night at our monthly ukulele meetup. It's an Iz song called White Sandy Beaches.

Last edited:
I think we need this song to be in the season.

Last edited:
Late one for me. Been a long day. So here's a Blind Willie McTell song I stumbled upon a few weeks ago.

This is an instrumental from Jeff Wayne's 1978 musical version of H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds", arranged for Kiwaya K-Wave concert ukulele and electric kazoo. I'm only sorry that the tiple didn't work out for the middle section.

Top Bottom