Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season #325 - Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Default Season #325 - Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Spring has sprung here in the northern hemisphere (at least in the low- to mid-latitudes) and we have already had a few hot days here in the Bay Area. And in the desert the mercury is already pushing triple-digits. It got me thinking, we’ve had a season (hosted by Myrna) about cold, but we have never had a season about heat.

This week pleas help ring in the beginning of (northern hemisphere) summer by bringing songs that have heat/hot in the title or lyrics. Other warm end of the thermometer words (e.g., fire, inferno, etc.) are also acceptable. Or, if you have not yet had your fill of the Mojave radio station from Fallout, play a song about the desert, any desert. As long as it is a hot desert (Sahara, Mojave, Sonoran, etc.) and not one of those cold deserts (Antarctic Dry Valley, etc.).

Regular rules:
    Season runs Sunday to Sunday
    Multi-tracking ok but ukulele should be front and center
    Mention season 325 in your intro or text in the video
    Videos must be newly recorded for this season.

Of course originals are welcome, dealing with either of the themes above.

Please limit to 1 song/day to start. Depending on how things are going I will open it up later in the week.

There will be prizes, drawn at random at the end of the season.

Anyone who has been lurking for a while is more than welcome to join in the fun. I promise we don’t bite.

Remember there is still a little more than a day left in Ryan’s fallout season. I’ll post a playlist to YT once the entries start rolling in.

Thanks everyone, I’m looking forward to hosting again.

Now with more PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...up3WOO0ymWRnTA
    Last edited by Desert Pavement; 05-06-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

can we bring songs about the menopause?

only joking!

(but seriously....................................... is it me. or is it hot in here?)

great theme!
    lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Quote Originally Posted by ubulele View Post
    Does it specifically have to have "heat" or "hot" rather than, say, "desert", "fire" or "steaming"?

Does "hot" need to mean hot in the ambient temperature sense? I ask because, in most songs it has more the connotation of sexy, randy or feverish, and that doesn't seem quite in the spirit of the theme, particularly if other words suggesting actual heat don't qualify.
    Good questions Ubelele. It doesn’t have to be specifically “hot” or “heat”, but it should be temperature based. Words associated with heat, like fire, inferno, etc., are eligible.

I’ve clarified in the intro post.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post

only joking!

(but seriously....................................... is it me. or is it hot in here?)

great theme!
    Fkn hysterical!
    If EVERYONE played the UKULELE, the WORLD would be a BETTER place! ~ Jake Shimabukuro

FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Great theme!!!! Looking forward to another week. 1 song a day...perfect!
    If EVERYONE played the UKULELE, the WORLD would be a BETTER place! ~ Jake Shimabukuro

FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post

only joking!

great theme!
    Now, how should one answer that...........
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Now, how should one answer that...........
    Now, I've only been married for a few years (and my wife is going through the opposite of menopause right now) but I think the answer is one shouldn't
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

This one only briefly mentions the heat (40C, not F) but everything else that happens in the story is either aided or exacerbated by the heat.

Also a good choice because it not only name drops our host, but would also make a fitting future YouTube title for our very own Rob.

It's also a scorching bank holiday weekend here so I will be doing a spot of gardening myself this afternoon - hopefully without the complications
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

A bit of heat in this one.From Australian singer songwriter Stephen Cummings."She set fire to the house"

Thread Information