LAGRIMA by Francisco Tárrega

I too used to play this on classical guitar.
Very interesting to hear it from ukulele. What next, Recuerdos de la Alhambra ? :p

Very Beautiful Brenda.......Romantic guitar music is lovely on the ukulele. More Trigger(Tarrega) please!!!!

Nice job Brenda. I used to know how to play it on guitar but I forgot how.

Lucky you, I did not just forget one song. I forgot everything I learned from guitar. ha ha Thank -you for watching ! Hope this inspire you to play it on the uke.

Great music Brenda. The Kala Elite comes alive in your hands.

Thank you Joseph...the extra wide neck is perfect for finger pickings. It's time you consider commissioning one too. :D Corey strung them with high tension Southcoast , it gives good volume control but tough on the fingers and I had to plunk a bit harder.

I too used to play this on classical guitar.
Very interesting to hear it from ukulele. What next, Recuerdos de la Alhambra ? :p

It is still missing the bass but I will settle for what I got since Guitar is so overwhelming...;) I will see what else I can find on Tarrega. Thank you for watching and made a comment . It means a lot to me.

Very Beautiful Brenda.......Romantic guitar music is lovely on the ukulele. More Trigger(Tarrega) please!!!!

Thank you Mike. Just yesterday I found another piece of Tarrega music (Grand Vals) that I like . Camsuke sent me guitar and ukulele versions.
I also have another piece of Tarrega on my to learn list so now I have two Tarrega to keep me out of trouble. :)

Last edited:
Aloha Brenda!

Great playing! How do you like your Kala Elite Maple tenor?

I have been intrigued with the Kala Elite Luthier Collection of ukes. They sound great and Corey Fujimoto is sponsored by Kala and has a custom 19" scale tenor. I do prefer 1-1/2" nut width over the conventional 1-3/8" nut width. Have you tried an 18" scale tenor? I love the extra space and I think it is the "Sweet Spot" for me in comfort for scale lengths. Kevin (Mescalero) likes the 18" scale, too!:shaka:

Wonderful playing Brenda that K-brand sounds nice............oops wrong thread:wallbash:

I have had the pleasure of playing this all maple Kala Elite. Even strung reentrant it has a nice warm, mellow tone. Not what you would expect for an all maple uke in high G. Just goes to prove generalizations are not always accurate.

Well done, Brenda.
I would never have guessed you were playing a Kala.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
I enjoy doing video because it gives me a reason to practice
Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you for watching !

Nickie: that’s not a factory built Kala. It’s a custom Flamed maple ! Built in California ! One of a kind

Top Bottom