Hello from the Hudson Valley

mineymole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I love this forum and am so glad I found it. I’m taking Ukulele lessons after fiddling around with one for years. I use my ukulele to help de-stress. Once I pick it up, my cares float away! I’m located in the Hudson Valley area of New York, about 2 hours North of NYC.

Welcome. You are lucky to be in the Hudson valley as there are so many ukulele groups and meet ups. Ulster library on Tuesdays; Olive Free Library—Wednesday’s 6-8; Phoenicia Library-first Saturday of the month—10 AM I think; Chatham Library—Saturday’s 10:30-noon; Catskill Community Center—Saturday’s 1:30-3 (by donation); Catskill Gospel—Wednesday’s 7PM-8:30; Red Hook—Justin’s jam at Taste Budds Cafe first Sunday of the month 6-8; and in Troy—Mike M’s Tech Valley Ukulele monthly Meetup—this month is on the 20th I believe. Check out ukulelecatskill.com and Catskill Ukulele (2 different groups). And search meetup.com. Just found out about 2 more: in Beacon there’s a monthly ukulele meetup for intermediate and advanced players of jazzy tunes. You’ll have to google that. And as of May 21, 2018 Orange County Ukulele Club will no longer be on Meetup. Instead they’ll be known as Ukulele Madness of Hudson Valley (https://hudsonvalleyukulele.blogspot.com) Their next gathering is June 5th at the Pine Bush Library Community Center, 7-9 PM.

Just got back from the annual Spring into Uke fest at Old Songs, Voorheesville, this year featured performer and teacher Lil Rev.

And then there’s the Ashokan Ukulele Festival Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited:
We've also got the Electic City Uke Club in Schenectady, 2nd monday of each moneth, the Normanskill Ukeulele Meetup in Guilderland tentatively 4th thursday of each month, and Stu Fuchs will be back at the Old Songs Festival of Music and Dance at the Altamont Fairgrounds, at the end of June.

I was also at Spring Into Uke at Old Songs - hosted the Open Mic, and we had a Great Turnout!

-Kurt​

Hey, Hi Jo! You did Great!!!!

And Danielle Ate The Sandwich was right about playing at open mics to get over your nervousness. Keep doing it!

Welcome! I used to live in Albany and I miss it. Was very little uke stuff back when I lived there, now there's probably more stuff than in NYC!

Top Bottom