SOTU #326 (Lonnie & Rose )

A popular calypso by The Growling Tiger from 1935...

Winner Winner Chicken dinner. That was scrumpty diddly dumpcious and
Fan dabby dozzy... and a host of other superlatives rolled into an orgasmic
eruption of joyfold de roll magical effervescence. That made me very happy.
Now straight on to Mama Looka Boo Boo. Go on, go on, go on, I dare you.
You know you want to.

it was on the skiffle list

So the scientist was explaining away the miraculous crossing of the RED sea.
He said to the Christian that it was all a misinterpretation it was not the RED
sea it was the REED sea. and the water could not have been more that a five
inches deep. Now what do you think of that Mr Christian??? Eh???
Miracle of miracles was the reply... Imagine God drowning Pharaoh's army
in five inches of water.

I'll get my coat.

my second Lonnie Donegan song more British than American-more piffle than skiffle[

Classic Lonnie novelty song and you got the cockney accent spot on.
What's next.... Does your chewing gum loose its flavour????

My skiffle number

Young man it looks like a stint of standing in the corner has done nothing
to help you mend your errant ways. I did a scan with my fun meter and you
were having too much fun singing that song. You may have used up a months
quota of fun in three minutes. Profligate I say... Profligate.

And then after the dramatic finish, the revelation that you were going to a funeral.
The BATHOS of it all. The lapse in mood from joy to mourning.

i don't understand what either category means, but i figure that
if i put on blackface, i can play anything i want.

After Rob schooled me on the origins of Calypso, and the "Finnish Ukuele's" role in it, I had to do the song he posted, which I'd never heard before either. I obviously need a lot of schooling. I did this one to honor Finland, Rob, and the "Finnish Ukulele", in that order.

Greetings,

Probably skip, have no time and family consuming what little I have. However I will hopefully watch your interesting vids sometime.

Ciao

Young man it looks like a stint of standing in the corner has done nothing
to help you mend your errant ways. I did a scan with my fun meter and you
were having too much fun singing that song. You may have used up a months
quota of fun in three minutes. Profligate I say... Profligate.

And then after the dramatic finish, the revelation that you were going to a funeral.
The BATHOS of it all. The lapse in mood from joy to mourning.
This is our Esme. Dead at 35 from cervical cancer. Talented artist, with a tongue that would make a docker blush. I'll miss her.

30743103_10216615134359898_4068241302498574336_o.j  pg

12631395_10153896308777528_7554256553164743168_n.j  pg

(This is us on-stage with Lindsey, who we lost 2 years ago - to stomach cancer.

10898328_1397201090575869_9162430795471504166_n.jp  g
)

I shared this video with Esme 4 years ago. Her response: "Kate Bush, ska & ukulele? This is what heaven looks like" Hope her Heaven does.

Esme Tearle 1982-2018. Sing softly. Be still. Cease.

385450_391925057527975_1333701624_n.jpg

After Rob schooled me on the origins of Calypso, and the "Finnish Ukuele's" role in it, I had to do the song he posted, which I'd never heard before either. I obviously need a lot of schooling. I did this one to honor Finland, Rob, and the "Finnish Ukulele", in that order.

Thank you Trent for keeping the mood light hearted.

Been meaning to learn this one for a while. I’m glad it showed up on the skiffle list, providing an excuse to finally take the plunge. Thanks for hosting this week Rob.

Have to say I've enjoyed Wee Rob's rolling commentary.Full of humour and insight! That's humour with a "u" Mr Spellcheck.
Also love all these Calypso players names.Were they Pro Wrestlers as well?!

Been meaning to learn this one for a while. I’m glad it showed up on the skiffle list, providing an excuse to finally take the plunge. Thanks for hosting this week Rob.

Nicely done... but I think that floral sunburst of a Ukulele needs a proper introduction
It has to be plastic or polycarbonate, or have you done a swirly dip paint job yourself?

Nicely done... but I think that floral sunburst of a Ukulele needs a proper introduction
It has to be plastic or polycarbonate, or have you done a swirly dip paint job yourself?

Thank you Rob. It is high pressure laminate by Bonanza Ukuleles. Trent has several in all HPL, all wood, and mixed (HPL sides and back, wood top), Rick has one I think, and now Pa has one, the red soprano he won a couple of seasons back. The strap is just an old guitar strap that used to belong to my grandmother. I’ll try to remember to do a Berni style close up of the uke next time I play it for a Seasons vid.

Here's one that was on the Skiffle list by Claude King. Never heard this song before, but I like it. I need to listen to more Claude King, I always seem to like his material.

Top Bottom